in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2011 6:26 PM by Jonathan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2011 5:20 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

MINT CONDITION - HARDLY IF EVER USED

Now THAT'S a pretty bold claim for a MMC2 cartridge which shows plenty of signs of usage. You don't get that degree of colouration on a "hardly used" cartridge/stylus.

I really dislike these vague descriptions, if you can't prove it then don't claim it.Angry

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-18-2011 5:42 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: MINT CONDITION - HARDLY IF EVER USED

I'd also say that stylus was pretty dirty and had been used quite a bit from the looks of things.  The actual tip looks to have some beef on it still, but "hardly, if ever used" wouldn't be my choice of description.  Maybe i'm wrong though..

If ever I get something into stock which has no 'service counters' as such (like speakers) - and the previous owner has earnestly informed me that "honestly - we've only ever switched them no more than a handful of times since we bought them" I'm afraid i just see their lips moving and hear the words "blah blah, waffle, crap" and never even mention this to the next owner.  

As Chris said, if you can't prove it - it's all hot air in my opinion.  

That said, from a neutral standpoint which i am obliged to take as a 'rival' seller (i suppose), the seller may have had the previous owner place his hand on a bible and swear the stylus has skated over no more than three renditions of Kajagoogoo's "To Shy" before it was returned to its box and kept in a dark, warm place with pillows round it..  Who knows.  

MMC's.. they work and sound fine, or they don't - that's how they should be advertised.  The safe bet (and the one i choose to sell) are fully refurbished ones by Axel Schurholz.  I'm not sure how he deals with the public, but to the trade you just bang a load of broken MMC's in a bag, post them to Germany - then a couple of weeks later you get a bag full of perfect ones and a bill for his superb work, which I pay the very same day by BACS as a mark of respect!!

Anyway.. this has turned into a ramble. Sorry.

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-19-2011 7:18 PM In reply to

My - well used - MMC2 looks better than that 'hardly used' one Big Smile

• 11-20-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

I wouldn't believe anything that seller claims..

I've been ripped off by him before, never again Super Angry

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)