in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2011 11:33 AM by UncleDuck. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2011 11:33 AM

Beogram 1800 Help - Need a new belt

New member here and I have a question that a member over at AudioKarma said would be better answered here. I'm a long time aspiring audiophile and recently picked up an RX-2 with MMC-5 and an 1800 with MMC-4. I've admired Bang & Olufsen components since the 70's and finally own some. Both turntables are cosmetically and functionally excellent. Not sure about cartridge history but they both play well (but see below). The only real issue right now is that the 1800 has a noticeable temporary fluctation in speed if I thump the side of it with a finger or walk heavily near it while playing a record. The RX-2 doesn't exhibit this behavior. The 1800 belt seems to be a bit loose and I'm thinking that replacing it will solve the problem. Is this a correct assessment or might there be something else going on? Also where is the best place to source a belt? While replacing belts should I also do the RX-2?

One other thing about the 1800 is that I noticed the cantilever is slightly bent toward the center of the turntable. This doesn't appear to affect play. Is this a problem? Can it be bent back to center? Should it be left alone? Is replacement necessary?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Since I haven't gotten any responses, I thought I'd repost with a new subject line. Also, I understand there's a member named Dillen that is very knowledgeable and can supply a belt for an 1800. Since I'm new here I'm not sure if I can or should contact him privately. Again, any help would be much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)