in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2011 10:20 PM by linder. 114 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2011 2:37 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolit 12

mjmedlo:
    I love my gas guzzlin Yukon, is AWESOME! ;) 

Gulp. :)

I do like my BS8 too. You can play so much through it via your iPhone/iPad. For instance, you can even push through audio from live video tracks, audiobooks and much more. The flexibility makes it a truly powerful device.

• 11-18-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    That's why I think American's don't understand us Brits.

Way to rnationalize such a serious issue! Should be good for at least 1/2 my next session's alotted time.

Cars... Minis sell because they are cute. Fiats... too cute, which is the problem. Us 'mericans see "too cute" as "too sippy" -and heaven knows we wouldn't dare be seen as too sippy.

For the record, the top five worst fuel-efficient cars I have owned have been European -the top three, British. So much for that...

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah... the BeoLit 12

I like the idea, but I will hold judgment until ALL the form/function is determined.

• 11-18-2011 9:05 AM In reply to

BYPAHTEC:
    I like the idea, but I will hold judgment until ALL the form/function is determined.

That's not the Beoworld way - AT ALL!

What you have to do is make some guesses at what features you think it may have, what the price may be, what the build quality will be like, and what it looks like based on some unofficial photos of a mock up.  Then, based on your guesses you conclude that it's going to be rubbish and no one will buy it before you have actually seen any propoer specs, or heaven forbid, seen and heard one for real.

That's the BeoWorld way Big Smile

• 11-18-2011 9:06 AM In reply to

BYPAHTEC:

What you have to do is make some guesses at what features you think it may have, what the price may be, what the build quality will be like, and what it looks like based on some unofficial photos of a mock up.  Then, based on your guesses you conclude that it's going to be rubbish and no one will buy it before you have actually seen any propoer specs, or heaven forbid, seen and heard one for real.

That's the BeoWorld way Big Smile

• 11-18-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

rednik:

Apparently, it is overpriced -again.

How is that? Laughing 

• 11-18-2011 9:21 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

rednik:

and what it looks like based on some unofficial photos of a mock up.  

I've been told today that those Beolit 12 photos ARE the finished version. They aren't a mock up or unfinished.

• 11-18-2011 11:40 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I much prefered the cosmetics of the Beosound 3, right up until the point i sold it. It felt and looked a B&O product should, and had any future radio been a modern take on it, i would have bought one. (Bluetooth, Airplay, DAB, and FM).

Where i live the FM transmission is hit and miss, and with thousands of new radion stations available at a key stroke away, the novelty of changing it's position just to get a good signal soon wore off. I bough an FM transmitter for my Iphone to stream my radio/music in FM, directly to the radio. It worked, but only on my next door neighbours radioWhistle

I have now got to the point of streaming radio through Apple TV to my 7-40. I then mute the screen and end up with an (Iphone 4, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beloab 2 and 7.4 radio)]fewwwww

Regardless of price i'm sure we all want to buy products that to be honest, we can covert and cherrish over the years. Products you can say to your friends, it's a Bang and Olufsen and i love it.Yes -  thumbs up

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/15/bang-and-olufsens-beolit-12-sends-the-fcc-a-little-bit-don-drap/

Just one of many google hits on "beolit 12"

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-18-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

moxxey:

rednik:

and what it looks like based on some unofficial photos of a mock up.  

I've been told today that those Beolit 12 photos ARE the finished version. They aren't a mock up or unfinished.

In which case it simply cannot be retailing at anything approaching £500UK.

It will be over twice  the price of a decent netbook.  Way, way more than a decent, well made, branded PC tower.  In apple terms, More than an ipad & very similar price to a mac mini.

For a plastic, portable radio with some IT capability.

Bsnd 8 has delighted new-to-B&O people the wold over..... better than the competition and so a market leader in its sector........... the Beolit will not be doing that, if it is as described and pictured, at the price suggested.

Sad

• 11-18-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

I will wait until the Beolit 12 is actually in the store but I really don't like retro anything.  To me when a company comes up with a new product that has a retro look, it means they haven't got any new ideas.

When Steve Jobs returned to Apple, he had the Apple museum removed from the headquarters and sent to Stanford University.  He wanted fresh thinking and innovative design for the future not the past.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 11-18-2011 6:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

KingOfSnake:

BTW I am hopeful that the administrators might allow me to change my user name to something more endearing and less controversial than KingofSnake - can I change my user name to Sepp Blatter?

I promised I would not respond to any of your posts unless it infringes posting guidelines - well IMO this comment does just that. What sort of mind can link a thread about a new B&O product to a dubious remark from a man of dubious character regarding racism in football? I'm utterly gobsmacked that ANYONE could bring this subject into this forum in such a glib manner.

PLEASE don't try the old "it was a tongue in cheek" remark, that just doesn't wash any more, you've tried that too many times.

Unsurprisingly you have a PM for what it's worth.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-18-2011 6:51 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Medogsfat:

I promised I would not respond to any of your posts unless it infringes posting guidelines - well IMO this comment does just that. What sort of mind can link a thread about a new B&O product to a dubious remark from a man of dubious character regarding racism in football? I'm utterly gobsmacked that ANYONE could bring this subject into this forum in such a glib manner.

PLEASE don't try the old "it was a tongue in cheek" remark, that just doesn't wash any more, you've tried that too many times.

Good lord :(

• 11-18-2011 7:06 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

moxxey:

Medogsfat:

Good lord :(

Meaning? come on don't be shy - do you agree with KOS's Sepp Blatter comments? Judging by your remark you probably do & find nothing distasteful in that. Fair enough, but myself & several other members & moderators disagree with this - to be fair to you though this may well be a minority of the memberships views, only time will tell here but I seriously doubt it.

As has been said many times - if you don't like it here there are plenty of other fora you can join - maybe you & your mate KOS can start your own? Although I'm pretty sure KOS tried this many moons ago but it failed due to lack of interest which is why he still hangs around here bothering decent people.

Do yourself a favour & let go of his coat tails before he drags you into his world. If you want to be forever associated with someone who thinks racism & its roots are a cause for jocularity then please feel free to do so.

Advice which you will surely ignore but hey oh - I really don't care enough to be bothered.  What I WOULD suggest you do though is read back through some of your recent posts & take a long hard look at some of the finger pointing you've done - then go & take a good look in the mirror.

Chris.

BTW - well done Yet another thread hijacked by KOS & his Croney/s Yes -  thumbs up

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-18-2011 9:05 PM In reply to

linder:

When Steve Jobs returned to Apple, he had the Apple museum removed from the headquarters and sent to Stanford University.  He wanted fresh thinking and innovative design for the future not the past.

:( 

well I hope Tue leaves the Stuer museum intact

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-19-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

rednik:

I have to say I don't get it either.  You spend time on a board for a luxury av brand, then keep saying everything is expensive.  I don't see why someone would spend thousands on a watch when you can buy one for less than £100, that's fine, I don't spend amy time on Rolex forums slagging off everything they do and saying they should be cheaper.

Laughing

I spend A LOT of time on Rolex forums and very seldom do users complain about the price. LaughingLaughing Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-19-2011 5:17 AM In reply to

elephant:

linder:

:( 

well I hope Tue leaves the Stuer museum intact

I hope he sends it to Helsinki, would be closer to me. Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-19-2011 6:16 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Medogsfat:

As has been said many times - if you don't like it here there are plenty of other fora you can join - maybe you & your mate KOS can start your own? 

Ian is not a "mate" and neither is Lee. They simply own a business where I've bought B&O products and both offered a superb and professional service. Can't fault either. But I don't know either personally.

I would buy from and, more importantly, recommend both again in the future though. And indeed, do recommend LifeStyle and MoreThan. My previous comment about Ian and his business is that bad mouthing him (whether he deserves that or not is a personal opinion) could, effectively, cause reduced trade and that's something I didn't want to see for Lee or Ian as both have done a great service for B&O users over the last few years.

By all means send Ian/KoS those comments in private, via a PM, but we don't need to see it, in such style, from a moderator on a public forum. As I said before, you've also got to be careful what you say as a moderator as a court of law could construe your comments as official representation of the board owners views. You've effectively been elected to speak for the board through moderation, so personal views should not be expressed in public in such a manner. You have PM's to do this.

Whether we believe the Sepp Blatter comment was distasteful or not, we can make our own opinion about this. We're all adults here and the fact we own B&O kit means, frankly, we've done fairly well for ourselves in life, thus I'm sure are capable of making our own judgements and opinions on another persons posts. No need for that reply in public, IMHO. Nor the further threat that anyone who disagrees can go and set up their own board elsewhere.

• 11-19-2011 9:49 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:
    If you want to be forever associated with someone who thinks racism & its roots are a cause for jocularity then please feel free to do so.

I don't know anything of the history here (nor do I want to), but I do spend a bit of time on various forums.  That is probably the biggest over reaction to a post I have ever seen!

• 11-19-2011 10:21 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

There is a saying in our country. "A fool and his money are soon parted"

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-19-2011 10:30 AM In reply to

Another thread ruined by a pointless debate Erm

Can one of the moderators cut all the fat out this please? 

Back to topic, does anyone have a rough idea of a release date for the Beolit 12 yet?

• 11-19-2011 11:12 AM In reply to

Well the beolit12... Hmm... Can't really comment on it, but I'm putting money on "no too impressed" when it comes out. Retro seldom pays.

-Andreas

• 11-19-2011 11:15 AM In reply to

Llewelyn:

Another thread ruined by a pointless debate Erm

Back to topic, does anyone have a rough idea of a release date for the Beolit 12 yet?

Yes, sadly there seems to be a lot of beef on this forum!

-Andreas

• 11-19-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

It's funny that the term retro was so readily applied. Seeing it in person there's nothing retro looking or feeling about it. It's just a very simple design and in many ways even cleaner than the BeoSound 3. If you were designing a portable fully digital speaker system I can't imagine a much better form factor. The sound is astonishing, the build is top notch, and it's a fresh design perspective that incorporates enough B&O design DNA to fit nicely in the canon. The only thing remotely retro is the revival of the BeoLit name, which could easily have been done for the BeoSound 1 or BeoSound 3.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-19-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

Llewelyn:

Cannot unless the OP is requesting to do that (did that once myself). I already suggested that to the other "unboxing BL5" thread but some seems to enjoy reading these "soaps". I don't and it seems (at least I think) there's a competition/rivalism going on in the UK. To be honest, not appropriate reading these threads in a worldwide forum. Chris (Medogsfat) has my sympathy (he always has) mainly regarding his statement to mr. pr!ck himself (Sepp) but in another way also my sympathie to the other 2 posters Moxxey and KOS (NOT his Sepp commentsSuper Angry). So, can you please stop and continue your comments either through PM or face to face somewhere in a pub (I'll pay for the beer)Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-19-2011 1:52 PM In reply to

bayerische:

Well the beolit12... Hmm... Can't really comment on it, but I'm putting money on "no too impressed" when it comes out. Retro seldom pays.

Same here. I had high hopes on this one, but now that I've seen the pictures... not so impressed anymore...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-19-2011 7:21 PM In reply to

speaking of specs .... does anyone know which version of DAB this will support ... hopefully both DAB and DAB+ ???

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 4 of 5 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >