in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2011 11:39 AM by Matt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2011 5:34 PM

• Matt
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2011
    • Wigan, UK
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

BeoCenter 2200 - Help

I have recently acquired a BeoCenter 2200 (Type 2422) from my uncle after my grandfather passed away, it had been with him since the early 80's. I know these BeoCenters aren't very good representations of B&O hardware, but it has immense sentimental value.
    It's in pretty good nick, the turntable works and as far as I'm aware the tape deck and radio work. The display doesn't light up as it should, just some various LEDs, just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this and how technical that fix would be? It would be nice to fix even if the system end up only being used as a talking point rather than a hi-fi.

Thank you, any tips at all would be greatly appreciated. 

Matt

Filed under:
  • 11-12-2011 6:43 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 2200 - Help

Hi, I have a 2200 although no longer use it. They are nice looking items even if they are not "real" B&O.

The display is lit by two tiny lamps which do eventually give up the ghost. A friend of mine with a bit of electronics know-how sourced some replacements from RS Components. They are 14v 80mA bi-pin filament lamps type T1.75. The RS code was 577-516 but that was some time ago so may have changed.

Getting to the lamps is not difficult. If I remember correctly there is a pin on the left of the fixed display panel (just beneath the lid when it is opened). Push that in and you can lift away the panel. You have to take the volume slider off first and if I remember there's a small screw underneath it.

Yo do need to be handy with a soldering iron to do this but if you are or know someone who is it is a not a difficult job. 

They came in a pack of 10 so I have 8 left. I'll not need them so if you want to give it a go send me a PM with your address. Happy to post a couple of lamps to you.

• 11-13-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2011
    • Wigan, UK
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoCenter 2200 - Help

Thank you so much, that's very generous.
    I will message you now.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)