in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2011 12:00 PM by marcus_m. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2011 11:17 AM

Beocom 6000 help needed

Hi all,

my Beocom 6000 housing looks quite worn now (Mk1) and I just called my local dealer but he told me that the original parts are no longer available. So I was wondering if anyone has a service manual or list with the different housing and keypad numbers (Mk1 and Mk2). This would help to determine what part I could youse to refresh the phone!

As far as I know the keypad printing has also changed from Mk1 to Mk2 - is there sitll a keypad with the old printig available?

Thanks, Marcus

• 11-10-2011 4:39 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 help needed

Hello Marcus, I think the Beocom 6000 German keypad differs from the others, does it? Maybe you can make a picture?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-11-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 help needed

Hello Leslie,

you're right, the keypad is country specific. The Mk1 keypad differs from Mk2 on the three keys left of the scrollwheel and has additional labling on the cover between the number keys.

Today I managed to speak to a technician of the service centre, and he told me that the only possibility is to make a complete update to Mk2 which means change of top and bottom cover and pcb - so in fact a complete new phone! Also costs are nearly the same, so maybe the best is to purchase an new phone :-/

But any other idea is welcome.....

Thanks Marcus

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)