in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2011 10:34 AM by Blackrix. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2011 11:21 AM

LC1 schematics - real or fantasy?

I know this has been discussed before, but all the threads somehow end with "I can't get this damn thing open anyway!".

Well, I was able to do exactly that. Had two broken LC1s, disassembled both, fixed one using parts from the other. Worked fine so far...but it's somewhat missing the real challenge. So now I want to try to revive the second one.

The repaired unit had a bunch of very high ESR caps, a dead triode and a shorted diode. Haven't really checked the other one yet, but there is already a first problem: The diode. It's a SMD-part and the only mark is a single blue band. Every other diode in there has a black band - so is suppose this isn't a ordinary diode, but maybe a Zener?

Is there anything like a schematic or even a service manual for the LC1?

• 11-10-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

Re: LC1 schematics - real or fantasy?

What is the component number D?

• 11-10-2011 10:13 AM In reply to

Can't really check that right now, I won't be home till next weekend...but: If I remember correctly, there are no component numbers for the SMD-components?

• 12-08-2011 3:27 PM In reply to

Is the LC1 already repaired? If not, on which board are the defective components?

• 12-08-2011 3:37 PM In reply to

Nope. Verified my claim...there are no component numbers for the SMD-parts. Kind of in a dead end now.

The defective components I know of (couldn't find any others so far) are on the lowermost board - the one with the connectors and the fuse. I wanted to test the upper boards in the other LC1, unfortunately I forgot to do so...and by now the other LC1 has been sold on, since I had no use for it.

• 12-08-2011 4:01 PM In reply to

There are 3 types of diode's on this board, the BAS32 (3x), a 6V2 zener and a 13V zener if I'm correct. 

• 12-09-2011 7:12 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Why not measure across the diode on the working module?

*edit - with power applied of course!

Olly.

• 12-09-2011 8:31 AM In reply to

Well...I no longer have a working module, that's the whole problem here.

Got those two broken LC1s with a bunch of other stuff about a year ago. Fixed one and eventually sold it on, since I had absolutely no use for it.

Blackrix:

There are 3 types of diode's on this board, the BAS32 (3x), a 6V2 zener and a 13V zener if I'm correct. 

So you have a schematic? Wink

• 12-09-2011 2:50 PM In reply to

Well, I have a copy of a fax, so it is not too clear. The 13V zener I am not sure of since this is not very clear on the schematic.

• 12-10-2011 1:05 PM In reply to

it´s a 15V zener

• 12-11-2011 10:34 AM In reply to

Thanks! I could not read it, the text was not very clear in this area.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)