in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2011 9:07 AM by Mr10Percent. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2011 9:31 AM

Super Angry [8o|] BeoSound 5 Multiple Albums and Artwork for Same Album - Still an issue

This may be long but I will try to explain issue - I have an album called Duets with Barbra Streisand and various artists.  When viewing on BeoSound 5 it shows a diffterent album for each song as the artists change (always Barbra with someone else).  Therefore I used BeoPlayer to edit the tags - making sure the Album title is the same (Duets) and the artist is the same (Barbra Streisand) and then added the other artist to the song titles accordingly.  I thought this would solve my problem but it has not - each individual song continues to show as a separate album and separate cover on BeoSound 5 - although song title has changed and the artist and album name is the same (I can see this on the screen).  Can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly or what else I need to do to ensure these are consolidated and only show the one album with all songs in it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated - this continues to frustrate me.

• 11-07-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 Multiple Albums and Artwork for Same Album - Still an issue

Hi

I had the same problem and I solved it by using mp3tag. Write Barbra Streisand as the artist and after the title you can write feat .................. (name of artist)

I have a lot of albums with various artists and I wrote the name of the artist after the title and in artist I wrote various. This means that you can not search after the artist but only after album and the title of the song. But you will only have one cover.

• 11-07-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

quinnie

Thanks for your response - much appreciated.  However, I am unclear as to the solution you describe.  Are you saying that it should look like this (these are the editable fields in BeoPlayer):

Title (Song):  Cryin Time w/Barbra Streisand with Ray Charles

Album:   Duets

Artist: Various (originally was Barbra Streisand with Ray Charles)

If this is what you did do you now see only one album cover on BeoSound 5?  What I originally did was the following:

Title (Song):  Cryin Time w/Ray Charles (I added w/Ray Charles here)

Album:   Duets

Artist: Barbra Streisand (I changed to just Barbra Streisand originally was Barbra Streisand with Ray Charles)

When I did the above it did not work, so how would it be any different if I changed the Artist to just various?  Again I am using the BeoPlayer application to edit these and they are stored on my Beomaster 5. 

Thanks again!!  Much appreciated!!

• 11-07-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

Try with mp3tag, it is very easy to use.

Title: Cryin´ Time ft. Ray Charles

Album: Duets

Artist: Barbra Streisand

What I meant with various artist is, if you have an album with for example 10 different artists, you have to do this:

Title: Walk this way  - Aerosmith

Album: All Time Greatest Rock Songs

Artist: Various

Title: Layla - Eric Clapton

Title: Baby Jane - Rod Stewart

And so on......

I works for me...even though I think it is very annoying that I can´t write the real name in artist but have to use Various.

• 11-07-2011 5:04 PM In reply to

I understand that you want to you Beoplayer, but I just don't think that app is robust enough to handle this. The free ITunes app can definitely solve this problem.

1. Make Barbra Streisand the "album artist."

2. Keep the individual artists as they already are under "artist."

3. Tick the box for "part of a compilation" under the tab for "info." This last step is very important or you will still end up with the multiple albums.

4. Drag the songs to the "BeoConnect" app icon and the songs will be transferred to the BeoMaster 5.

This will definitely work.

• 11-07-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

Thanks beojeff - unfortunately my dealer loaded all my albums so they are already on BeoMaster 5 - trying to edit them to fix the problem.  Can itunes do this since the music is not on my computer but as noted on BeoMaster 5.  Also, when trying to view the files with windows explorer I cannot see them.  I see a BM shared drive but it does not list all the files on BeoMaster 5 only shows whats on my computer.  This all is driving me crazy - not sure what to do next.  Thanks again!!

• 11-07-2011 5:30 PM In reply to

I think Itunes can do this if you change the file path that you point Itunes to to the BMshares network drive, and the music folder within.

Let us know.

B

• 11-07-2011 5:56 PM In reply to

Do you still have the original CDs? As unappealing as it sounds, it might just be faster to delete the problem albums from the BeoSound 5, re-rip and tag them correctly, and re-transfer them to the BeoMaster 5. That's what I did. I found it was just faster than trying to find a solution using BeoPlayer. I truly found BeoPlayer to be slow and cumbersome.

In what format and quality did your dealer rip the music? If you want lossless, you might want to wait a bit before re-ripping to see if B&O adds support for ALAC now that it's open source.

• 11-09-2011 9:07 AM In reply to

Hi,

I’m not sure if you are running iTunes files or WMA files through to the BS5. However, I think the nonclementure you use in either system will yield results in the BS5.

I have just purchased my second used BS5/BM5 (I have one for the home and one for my work place). The used BS5 I purchased had over 20,000 songs stored in it – all in either mp3 or AAC. The quality was variable but on analysis the majority was only 128kbs with a few 320kbs DRM locked files.

The organisation was atrocious and cover art was missing on many files. It looked like the previous owner had just dumped his/her iPod contents onto the BS5. No-doubt which such little effort, the BS5 interface looked tatty and disappointing and no wonder the individual gave it up (On my Beolab 5’s, it sounded awful too).

I have therefore concluded in my own little world that to get the best out of it, (and this is a function all tagging computer software and the key tags which the BS5 uses), a decent filing methodology is essential;

I use the following nonclementure with WMA 10 as my main editing tool:-

Album:  Eric Clapton - All Time Greatest Rock Songs - (thus album and artist are integrated into album title)

Album Artist:  Eric Clapton

Artist:  Eric Clapton

On multiple artist CD’s, I usually list as:-

Album:  Various – Bar Lounge Classics Vol. 01

Album Artist: Various

Artist:  Various

This approach blows the concept of knowing the individual artist for each track but that does not bother me.

On multiple CD albums – I actually re-numbered the tracks so CD1 tracks 1-20 and CD2 tracks 21-40 became one album tracks 1-40. This rationalised the album cover feature (stops replication).

For “series” type albums i.e. Stephane Pompougnac’s “Hotel Costes” volumes 1 -15, they are numbered 01 to 15 with the 0 playing a key part in ordering.

Finally, it is also essential that where titles don’t have a volume series number to rank, albums can be presented in cover mode in release order by editing the release date (which is often print date and not the date the artist originally released it). Thus if not changed, can alter sequence in cover mode.

The outcome of all this hard work on over 350 albums and 13,500 titles with 500x500 embedded artwork is an almost faultless BS5 indexing system. The only fault being to trash individual artist data  on “various” type  albums.

Hope that helps?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)