in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-07-2011 5:42 AM by Kokomo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2011 12:38 PM

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Avant Problem

Good Day Fella's

I have a problem with my Avant Tv, firsty I can't select the Sat function, from the Tv or the remote. And when I plug in a digi box I get sound but not very loud, and I have to pull the scart lead in and out then I get a picture and also the only Scart that seems to be working is the Built in VCR one. When I finally get a picture the Selection on top of the Tv tells me its Video -2 and then when I turn the Tv off, I have to go through the same process again! which is kind of annoying. When the Tv is working the picture quality is very good. Oh and how would I get the picture to change fro 16.9 aspect to widescreen? Thanks in advance Nidul

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

• 11-06-2011 6:04 PM In reply to

Re: Avant Problem

Hi Nidul,

You need to assign the digi box to sat in the connections menu. Your manual will explain this. To change the aspect you need to add the 'picture' button to your beo4 and select the appropriate picture setting. Your manual should explain this also.

Good luck!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-07-2011 5:42 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Avant Problem

Nidul:
    When the Tv is working the picture quality is very good. Oh and how would I get the picture to change fro 16.9 aspect to widescreen?

Hi Nidul, to deal with your final point, I thought 16:9 WAS widescreen! Do you mean 4:3 to widescreen?

Firstly make sure you are using a fully wired Scart lead? Some/many are not.

Are you connecting to a Sky box? If so, make sure you are connected to the the correct scart socket from the box (there are 2) as in most of them only one socket outputs on pin #8. This pin sends a signal to the TV to autoswitch to the correct vdeo format. 

I'm not familiar with the Avant only the Beovision models, so the other setup advice given may be correct I don't know.

On a Beovision however, using the Beo4, it's not 'picture' which changes the aspect but 'format' to aspects 1,2 or 3 selected on the Beo4.  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)