in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2012 4:39 AM by niJinsky. 72 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Re: The Unboxing Topic

tournedos:

lausvi:
    This one arrived to me at work today... recognize what it is?

Of course we do Yes -  thumbs up It's a fat box, did you get both halves from the same place?

Yes -  thumbs up

Yes: it's the mighty Beolab 5000 + Beomaster 5000 combo! I got both pieces from the same seller. The Beomaster was sold as non-working, thus having a price tag of £50.00! The Beolab had a british plug (and I didn't have any parts at work) so I couldn't test it yet. The seller told it was working and playing, but I have some doubts of it's condition as I could see small amounts of rust around the bottom plate. 

I took the Beomaster home. There was indeed no power, but the fault was soon discovered; the fuses had oxdized themselves out-of-contact with their holders! The holders were soon cleaned and fuses replaced (originals were measured Ok but couldn't be cleaned). Now it's working but the output is spoiled with huge amount of humming (which is there even with BM5000's power off) - bad cap or grounding somewhere?

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 11-04-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I deny ANYONE who has kids/grandkids to tell me that they get far more pleasure from playing with the empty boxes than they do from the contents at Christmas.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-05-2011 6:49 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

PART 1:

Hi Folks,

As promised, here is a small unboxing review of my all new Beolab 9 black

The following takes place between 3 PM and 6 PM...

Damn it, what's this box from Czech Republic, uh?

No nuclear radiation, now I can remove the white cap

What are these white bars???

Call to CTU: "Hey Chloe, what do uranium bars look like?" Chloe: "Well Jack, they look like uranium bars"...Confused

Damn it! What the hell are these penguins?!?! 

Call to CTU: "Chloe, what do we eat for dinner?"

Think I have to control the distances from wall and corner.

Call to CTU: "Damn it Chloe, where do I have to put these penguins to work properly?" Chloe: "For wall position Jack, 65cm far from a corner and up to 20cm far from the wall"

Corner check: ok

Wall check: ok

Hey penguin, you talkin' to me?!?!

Wall + left OK

A box with tools?

Don't worry Mr Penguin that won't hurt! Take a long breathe....

To see what's following.....wait til PART 2

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 11-05-2011 2:31 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

PART 2:

Without comments (I took my pills)

Thanks for viewing guys!

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-05-2011 10:34 PM In reply to

EdouardG:

PART 2:

Without comments (I took my pills)

Thanks for viewing guys!

Cheers

Great arrangement

Brilliant pictures (as usual)

Never knew (until I saw these pix) that the BL9s green on light was inside the acoustic lens !

Please keep taking the pills ... I enjoyed the commentry Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-06-2011 12:37 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Very good unboxing - thanks for posting.  I like to see the way they are put together.  How did it arrive to your house?  On that pallet?  How did they get it from the truck to your place?  Can it be something simple like a fork lift (a manual one)?

I love the BL9's, I wish I could have them :-)  I  bet you're grinning like a chesire cat. 

• 11-06-2011 5:42 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Great arrangement

Never knew (until I saw these pix) that the BL9s green on light was inside the acoustic lens !

Please keep taking the pills ... I enjoyed the commentry Laughing

Hi Elephant,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the red/green light is inside the acoustic lens, but what's weird is that it's green in photos, but not live.

When the BL9 are on, the light is more yellow than green.

About my commentry, yes, drugs can make serious damage to your brain

Cheers mon ami

Michael:

Very good unboxing - thanks for posting.  I like to see the way they are put together.  How did it arrive to your house?  On that pallet?  How did they get it from the truck to your place?  Can it be something simple like a fork lift (a manual one)?

I love the BL9's, I wish I could have them :-)  I  bet you're grinning like a chesire cat. 

Hi Mike, you're welcome!

I promised to share my BL9 unboxing, that's what I did.

2 B&O technicians came home to deliver the speakers and install a ML cable between the BS9000 and the BV10.

The BL9 were on the pallet like shown in the pics (I insisted on it).

I wanted the BL9 to be as B&O send them the dealers.

If I move to another house later, I want to be able to put the BL9 in their full package to be sure they will travel safely (as I did for my BV10).

The BL9 are some amazing speakers that would be even better if I had more furnitures and carpets.

Cheers and nice sunday

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-06-2011 5:43 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Great arrangement

Please keep taking the pills ... I enjoyed the commentry Laughing

Hi Elephant,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the red/green light is inside the acoustic lens, but what's weird is that it's green in the photos, but not live.

When the BL9 are on, the light is more yellow than green.

About my commentry, yes, drugs can make serious damage to your brain

Cheers mon ami

Michael:

Hi Mike, you're welcome!

I promised to share my BL9 unboxing, that's what I did.

2 B&O technicians came home to deliver the speakers and install a ML cable between the BS9000 and the BV10.

The BL9 were on the pallet like shown in the pics (I insisted on it).

I wanted the BL9 to be as B&O send them the dealers.

If I move to another house later, I want to be able to put the BL9 in their full package to be sure they will travel safely (as I did for my BV10).

The BL9 are some amazing speakers that would be even better if I had more furnitures and carpets.

Cheers and nice sunday

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-06-2011 5:56 PM In reply to

Hey Edouard,

Great thread! I was getting more and more excited for you with each picture!!

I think I'm starting to like the look of the 'penguins' Yes -  thumbs up

Well done!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-07-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Jonathan:

Hey Edouard,

Well done!!

Hi John,

I'm happy you had good time watching my unboxing review!

Thanks for your nice reply.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-07-2011 10:48 PM In reply to

EdouardG:

Jonathan:

Hey Edouard,

Well done!!

Hi John,

I'm happy you had good time watching my unboxing review!

Thanks for your nice reply.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

du rien Big Smile

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-09-2011 11:36 PM In reply to

Why is merely questioning why people find it interesting taking photos of unboxing an item deemed to be negative?

Trying to inject some sort of humour into it by asking if it is a new type of fetish?

If that is what floats your boat then so be it, myself and Moxxey did not say do not do it or you can not do it or it shouldn't be done, but contributing to a forum discussion and questioning is not negative in itself.  I would have thought that 99/100 people on the street, if told that some owners of a particular brand of goods take a considerable amount of time and effort to take photos of them being unboxed and share with others, would consider this this is sightly odd.  Nothing wrong with odd, i support QPR.  I am one of those 99 people sorry.  I assume Moxxey is another one.

Having said that I just bought some toilet rolls from Sainsburys and will be posting the unpacking photos later and positioning of them.

• 11-09-2011 11:40 PM In reply to

Neil, please send me a link to a post where I - I assume you are referring to me - are being rude and I will amend it.  

• 11-09-2011 11:51 PM In reply to

@Tournedos

Exactly right.  

Myself and I assume Moxxey have every right to contribute to a forum thread so long as it is within forum guidelines and not offensive, I assume you are suggesting others can skip our light-hearted comments if they are not interested in the comments made on this subject?

I am sure you are not suggesting that posters on Beoworld should not feel restrained in commenting or questioning matters in certain forum threads for fear of personal insults from others or being deemed as overly negative, or am I?

What is insulting in questioning why people like taking pictures of new products in boxes being opened?  I am being insulting without making any effort at all or even using insulting words!

• 11-10-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

Very impressive Edouard.  I also have Beolab 9s and unboxed it myself.  I usually save the boxes in the event I need to ship items for repair.  However there were so many pieces in the packing, I was left wondering how I would put it all back together again.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 11-10-2011 5:03 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

linder:

Very impressive Edouard.  I also have Beolab 9s and unboxed it myself.  I usually save the boxes in the event I need to ship items for repair.  However there were so many pieces in the packing, I was left wondering how I would put it all back together again.

Thanks Linder!

As you did, I kept the whole package in the event I move from this house to another.

I kept the pallet in my garage with the BV10's one, and put the boxes, tubes, white protections, the box with userguide + PL cables + main cables 

in the same room as where the BV10 box and ancessories are, tu be sure that they stay dry....I know I'm a freak ðŸ˜·

I decided to do it because I didn't do this with my BS9000, BL8000 boxes that I let be in the garage and after 4 years they became almost rotten...and unusable.

If you want to put them all back together, that's simple, ask me to send you the pics I took ;)

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-11-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

@kingofsnake - I think the tone of asking if it's a "new fetish" or if "anyone gets off on this" was deemed negative. It's all about sharing something of pride with folks that share your passion. I know people that share pictures of their new car, new boat, or whatever the same way.

BeoSystem 5000 (BM 5000, BG 5005, BC 5000, CD50), BeoCenter 3500, BeoCenter 2500, BeoLab 2500, BeoVox S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-100, CX-50, C-75, 3 MCL82 link rooms, A8, 4001 relay and ambio 

• 11-11-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

I think if people want to share pictures of unboxing products with others then do so - if you don't want to see the pictures then don't look.

Personally, part of the pleasure of buying something that expensive is the unboxing of it as it's so beautifully packed. My first experience was of a Beogram 1500 un 1979 and I was hooked ever since.

So keep the pictures coming as it's a great way for all of us to share someones excitement.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 11-11-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

• Neil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 34
    • Gold Member

KingOfSnake:

If anyone gets off on this I can offer a service with video and photo's of unboxing any B&O product you wish, chargeable of course :)

KingOfSnake

I though this posting (and others on the similar Beolab 5 thread) quite rude, in fact others may judge it offensive.

I just find it strange that a retailer (and not just you) would post any "rude", "offensive", "negative", "controversial" (delete to taste) posts .

No offence intended.

• 11-11-2011 6:24 PM In reply to

Some people are easily offended. And then somebody wonders why there are wars in the world..? WinkWhistle

• 11-12-2011 12:39 PM In reply to

• Neil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 34
    • Gold Member

Steffen:

Some people are easily offended. And then somebody wonders why there are wars in the world..? WinkWhistle

Steffen,

I can assure you I wasn't offended! 

My original posting (which was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek), was based on my observation that certain well respected re-sellers of B&O equipment seem to be actively "bolshy" in there utterences lately. The remarks by KingOfSnake followed hard on the heels of a thread from a certain gentleman in East Anglia who seemed to be questioning the validiity of the Beoworld Prize Draw!

It struck me as strange thats all. Perhaps I should keep my observations to myself!

Best wishes to all,

Neil. 

• 11-12-2011 6:47 PM In reply to

Hi Neil

No - ofcourse you should not keep your observations to yourself. But I saw KingOfSnake's remarks as 'tounge-in-cheek'.

Best wishes

Steffen

• 11-14-2011 6:37 PM In reply to

@ Neil:

I have now read the (BL 5) thread you were referring to earlier...Now I must say, that I know what you mean...

• 11-14-2011 6:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Back to the theme of this thread..  Unboxing a new product.

I can honestly say that part of the thrill of buying a new and expensive product of any description is getting it home and opening the box!  Am i a bit strange in saying that ??!

I took delivery of a brand new car on September 1st - and was excited for about a week before.  The 'handover' was an experience I really enjoyed, but now i've done 2,500 miles in the car i kind of take it for granted.  It was the initial thrill of the new car which was lovely.

Same with my BeoLab 5's back in 2003.  Watching the dealer plonk the crates on my lounge floor and unwrap the 'beasts' was something i still smile about when i cast my mind back.

Hey, if we're going to strip it back to a basic level then why the hell do we wrap Christmas presents?  There must be something in that?

Anyway - unboxing a new product and sharing the excitement..  yes, I see it!   Not everyone's cup of tea but i still love B&O enough (even though i see it every single day in a commercial capacity) to get a thrill from it. 

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-15-2011 1:58 AM In reply to

Completely agree.

What I find odd is that someone would like to spoil that special moment by stopping to take photographs - just imagine asking your child to stop every second for a photo when they are opening Christmas/Birthday presents.  I find it odd (again nothing wrong with odd), and I certainly wouldn't get the same thrill at others opening boxes.  Makes for a cheap night out though so long may it continue!

@Neil, if you were offended by the use of the term 'gets off' then I apologise, I take your comments as tongue-in-cheek but also take offence at any inference or suggestion of who or what I am, but the secrets out I guess, or is it?  Interested to see that another Member from East Anglia has made a comment about something deemed contentious but I doubt he will be on the receiving end of the comments made towards me!

Page 2 of 3 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >