in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:26 PM by stefan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2011 1:43 PM

B&O supported Projectors

Hi All

I need some updated info on B&O directly supported projectors.

In other words, what projectors can i connect directly with RS232 to my beovision 7-40 MK V and have the BV power up the projector when choosing format 0.

I know this is supported on some of the older projectors SIM2 etc. However do B&O not update this functionallity to also support never projectors?

I know about Linctronic but dont want to buy another box when my TV is perfectly cablable of transmitting codes without having to be "Translated" by a thirdparty box (linctronic).

Is it possible to ask B&O to implement this feature for a specific projector if you pay them to do it. In my case, i only want the "turn on", "turn off function", 2 commands!!

Does anyone know anything about this?

I think it would be a smart thing for B&O to do instead of only supporting outdated projectors.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 11-01-2011 3:23 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: B&O supported Projectors

You cannot connected a projektor to BV7 via RS232. The 9 pin connector ón the back of your BV7 is a cinema out control for third party products.

Supported projektors - Samsung, SIM2 (not outdated) - are controled via PUC (IR - ón/off). I recommend to connect a Lintronic box, that controls the projektor, motor screen, light, curtains. I have a Hitachi projektor, a cinescreen, LC2s, Somfy blinds...everything contrôles by one button.

In addition I Can control settings (Menu) of the Hitachi. Ask Michael Lindgaard from Lintronic.

Stefan

• 11-01-2011 4:39 PM In reply to

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your reply.

What exactly do you mean by "You cannot connect a projektor to BV7 via RS232. The 9 pin connector ón the back of your BV7 is a cinema out control for third party products"? That is exactly what i would like to do, have cinema control over a third party product, say JVC X30! I do not want an ekstra box in my setup. If the RS232 output on the BV7 is not for control of products like an projector, can you explain to me what it then is used for?

/Ehlerz

• 11-01-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

As said, the 9 pin connector is not a RS232 socket. There are two open/close contacts. See BS3 service manual.

You can control 3rd party products via a Lintronic box that is triggered by these contacts.

See also earlier threads about Cinema control.

Stefan

• 11-01-2011 5:16 PM In reply to

I see, but on the back of one of the plates on the rear of my tv it says under "Control" One output called "TTL" one output called "RS232" and one output called "PUC 1+2". So, what is with the RS232?

/Ehlers 

• 11-01-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Maybe the RS232 socket is the panel control of BS3?

Cinema out is not an RS232 port. Have a look into BS3 service manual, or to the Lintronic site.

Stefan

• 11-01-2011 5:53 PM In reply to

I have allready looked, still seems a bit confusing to me though. Reading all of your other posts on the subject you recommend the Lintronic so i guess this is the only way to go. I am not very techwise so I would prefer somthing that works more or less out of the box. I ONLY need the On/off feature of the projector as the screen is RF controlled. Because of this, it just seems expensive to buy the lintronic set when all i need is projector On/Off which is exactly what the BV7 cinemacontrol output does as far as i understand (a switch that is either on or off).

I will have a chat with Michael at Linctronic

Thanks Stefan

/Ehlerz

• 11-01-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Ok. Now I`m on my Macbook, typo on the ipad is sometimes very strange....!

Cinema 1 - 2 out are contacts, that simply open/close. Depends on the actual mode - TV or Cinema.

You can adjust cinema settings in BS3 menu.

I noticed that these two contacts can trigger a Lintronic box, which can activate a projector, screen, light, curtains...Maybe other oxes can do that too.

I just told about my experiences with Lintronic in the posts you mentioned. You are right, buying a Lintronic box for two commands - on/off - is a bit "overdressed". But you can do a lot more with just one box....

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)