in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2011 4:50 AM by Lotus1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2011 2:05 PM

Beolab 2 BL2

Hi, sorry if this is covered somewhere else...

I have a BL2 that has worked fine for the last several months (bought used) but now won't come out of standby

The power light light turns green for a second or two then turns back to red

I have discounted the following:

Beosystem 2 output - this BL 2 doesn't work on another BS2 i have

Beosystem 2 output - another BL 2 i have works fine with this BS2

Cables - another BL2 i have works fine with the same cable

Sorry for the obvious - Subwoofer is selected in menu & content is encoded for sub

I am happy to dismantle the BL 2 and would prefer an idea of what to look out for, if someone can help please

Many thanks

Filed under:
  • 10-31-2011 9:01 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolab 2 BL2

Hmm ... You might want to take it to your local repair shop.  I wouldn't advise anyone who's not familiar with one to crack it open.

Did you have it shipped to you when you purchased it?  In my years with Bang & Olufsen I've only seen a BeoLab 2 serviced twice and both times it was immediately after being shipped.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 11-01-2011 7:12 AM In reply to

Thanks alex,

I prefer the DIY method, if there is anything on the hardware side of things that can be investigated that is

It wasn't shipped but in any case it has worked for the last several months

• 11-01-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

I had the same problem last month.  The BL2 was bought second hand and I had it for 4 years.  My local dealer told me it was the circuit board and they ordered one from Denmark.  My dealer said it was a one for one deal so they will send back the faulty circuit board in return for a functional circuit which could be a used one (for my case the technician said it was a new one).  The cost was around 320 Euro. I also took some pictures when he dismentled the BL2, I can send those pictures to you if you are interested.

Victor

• 11-02-2011 4:50 AM In reply to

Thanks for your offer Victor, think i'll be OK on dissasembly with the service manual available on Beoworld

Can anyone give a little more detail on whether or not there is a common component failure i can try replacing before giving it up to the service dept?

Thanks, Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)