in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-30-2011 8:07 PM by Rich. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2011 12:13 PM

A find at the skip

Around my building, there are a couple portable skips that were brought for the autumn leaves etc. People of course take advantage of them and the darkness and bring in all kind of junk.

I just walked past it and noticed somebody had brought in a boxful of some funky '70s wallpaper. Being the packrat I am, I decided to take the box in for closer inventory (the girlfriend can take the rolls to school for kids to work on, if nothing else). When I finally reached some light, I noticed that it was actually a B&O box!

-mika

• 10-30-2011 12:17 PM In reply to

Re: A find at the skip

Now it was of course interesting to see what once was in it. Apparently the box has been sitting in storage ever since somebody in their right mind used that kind of wallpaper, probably not any more in the '80s Big Smile Wonder where the Beomaster is now...?

Sorry this wasn't more interesting! I was disappointed too! LaughingLaughingLaughing

-mika

• 10-30-2011 3:51 PM In reply to

Actually I quite like this. Smile These finds take you back in time and I always wonder why everyone had such awful taste in home decoration... Big Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-30-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I can see where this leads: now you have to check every BM1900-2 you ever come across, and check if it matches with the serial number on the box. Then, after you have found it, you will buy it, for whatever cost. Then you'll buy correct packaging materials, restore the box, and voila: you have a nice BM1900-2 in original box!

Right? Laughing

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 10-30-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

lausvi:
    Right? Laughing

Good idea! LaughingLaughingLaughing

There are at least seven rolls of this green wallpaper with the huge pattern, and dozens of some more subdued, yellowish orange small cross pattern (which I can actually remember from my childhood - probably had it at home!). Anybody building a '70s lounge? Big Smile

-mika

• 10-30-2011 8:07 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

lausvi:
    Right? Laughing

Good idea! LaughingLaughingLaughing

There are at least seven rolls of this green wallpaper with the huge pattern, and dozens of some more subdued, yellowish orange small cross pattern (which I can actually remember from my childhood - probably had it at home!). Anybody building a '70s lounge? Big Smile

Does my garage Beosystem (BM1900, BG3404, BC1900, BV M70) count as a 70s lounge?

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)