in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-31-2011 4:27 AM by Ehlerz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2011 5:06 AM

Help needed...lost Masterlink

Hi,

I have a problem...last night, myself and my wife sat down to watch a link tv, all we were able to view was the snow effect left from analog tv. All other functions, ie DTV, DVD, N-MUSIC, N-RADIO and SAT were not available in any of the link rooms. My main TV, directly connected to the BeoSystem 3 works fine.

I nave powered down the BeoSystem 3, unplugged and replugged the Masterlink cable...no change!

Has anbody got any ideas what/where in the system I should be looking...should there be a distribution box for the masterlink.

Thank you for any help

Regards...Simon Marsden

• 10-30-2011 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: Help needed...lost Masterlink

I would suggest a list of all your existing systems to get an idea about what you're talking....

• 10-30-2011 7:00 AM In reply to

Hi,

BeoSystem 3 feedine Samsung main panel & Beolab 9's and 3's rear 7.1 centre & Beosystem/sound 5

Kitchen link Beovision 10

Conservatory Beovision 6

Bedroom Beovision 6

Bedroom Beocenter 6

Outside link/amp to speakers

Hope this helps...Simon

• 10-30-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

1st I would try is disconnect the videomaster - BS3 - from mains, wait 10 minutes and reconnect it, wait 1minute and activate a link source from a link room...

2nd is - if 1st didnot help - disconnect the whole system from mains and reconnect All with BS3 bring the last one...

3rd is - if 1and 2 did not help - disconnect the outside AMP ML plug from the system and try again to activate sources from a linkroom...

Does your BS3 respond to ML commands - will the BS3 start up if you Press a source button from a linkroom?

Hope this helps...

Stefan

• 10-30-2011 5:27 PM In reply to

My first port of call would be to examine the external RF modulator (check that it is plugged in) and check the integrity of the connections.  Just a thought.  Then I would check that the RF Modulator has not been turned off in the BS3 menu - seems odd that everything has gone down completely, could the option setting on the bs3 have been changed.  I would leave well alone and attack this one in strategic steps, could be something fairly simple.

• 10-31-2011 4:27 AM In reply to

Hi

I have tried this a couple of times as well. I does sometimes work to cut the power to the Master, however sometimes i have had to cut the power to all my masterlinked products simultaniously (easiest done by cutting the power to my appartment). This has helped everytime, as the ML hickup can exist anywhere in the ML setup.

Hope it helps.

Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)