in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-31-2011 11:21 AM by Joe. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2011 11:54 AM

• hkrudy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-29-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

HELP! beosystem doors only close partly

HELP! beosystem doors only close partly

My glass doors only close partly (with some motor noise) on the 2500 Beosound system.

If I take off the glass doors the mechanism opens and shut fine.

What can the problem be ??MOTOR ? Where can I buy spare parts?

Thank You!

• 10-29-2011 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: HELP! beosystem doors only close partly

Possibly worn top and in particular bottom slides. You don't need much extra friction for the doors to stick.

Possibly doors not parallel.

Spares will need to be purchased from your local B&O dealer.

Regards Graham

• 10-29-2011 1:45 PM In reply to

It might just be the belt that is between the motor and the mechanism. If it is worn, the doors won't close like they did anymore. And when you remove the doors, the extra weight of the doors is gone and the system seems to work fine.

In the mechnism there is also a switch for the endstop of the doors. The contacts of this switch are in most cases not too good anymore, so the motor does not stop immediately when the doors are closed and the electronics for the mechanism can get overheated. I would replace or clean the switch!

• 10-30-2011 7:50 AM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

I had a problem like this and the problem was very simple - the mechanism was too dirty, and there was not enough lubricant there. After the sliding track was cleaned and lubricated (in the inside too), the problem was disappeared forever.

To check if this is the problem, please do VERY CAREFULLY the following thing: When the doors stops during the closing, please try to close the doors with a very light push from outside. If this solves the problem, then the cleaning will possibly solve the problem.

Note: PLEASE be very careful, as a bigger then a gentle touch can damage the mechanism!

• 10-30-2011 10:49 PM In reply to

• hkrudy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-29-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Everyone! I will try all of the suggestions to fix the beosystem.  

Cheers ~

• 10-31-2011 11:21 AM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2011
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 1
    • Gold Member

I also have a 2500 System where the doors would only partially close. If I pushed slightly on the outside edge of the glass they would close all the way. Took the 2500 to my B & O Dealer, he cleaned and lubricated the door track. Said there was dry wall dust (from recent remodeling) stuck in the track. I've learned since then to always cover my 2500 whenever doing any kind of construction. I hope this helps?

Joe

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)