in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2011 12:06 AM by Mr10Percent. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2011 12:23 PM

Beosound 5 Shows Multiple Albums and Artwork for Same Album

Hello, I am new here and recently purchased the BeoSound/BeoMaster 5. I had my music loaded by the retailer and when it was setup at my home I have noticed that I have multiple albums with multiple artwork for the same album. Example: Barbra Streisands album called duets shows 20 albums with one song each and not a single one contains all songs. As I am new I am only using beoplayer to view, edit, and add music. Is there a way to correct this using beoplayer? I can see all my music from BeoMaster 5 in beoplayer but not sure how to correct the problem. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated. Oh and I should note that I am not a great techie so easy would be great. Thanks all!!
  • 10-28-2011 12:39 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 Shows Multiple Albums and Artwork for Same Album

Welcome to BeoWorld!

This is a common matter of needing to clean up the tags on the music files. You can do with with BeoPlayer, but I find it to be much faster to just delete the songs from the BeoSound 5, edit the tags on those songs using iTunes, and then send the re-tagged songs back to the BeoSound 5 using BeoConnect. Using iTunes, you need to tick the "part of a compilation" box and then make Babs the "album artist." While you're doing this, it's a good idea to delete the cover art and replace it high-res cover art if needed. This will also fix your problem of seeing multiple cover art on various songs within that album. Hopefully you only need to edit the files for albums that have various artists (such as duets).

I've found a great source of cover art to be on this site that provides the cover art used in the iTunes store:

http://iart.toaos.tk/dashboard

• 10-28-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply much appreciated.  However, I have a lot of albums like this and was really wondering how I could correct the issue using beoplayer again not really that proficient in using itunes.  I also have been using beoplayer to add music to my Beomaster 5.  This is all so new to me - and at this point I almost wish I hadn't bought this.  ;-)  Thanks again!!

• 10-28-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

use  mp3tag (see www.mp3tag.de)

easy and exellent tool to add and modify one file or one album etc. You can download tag info from several sources to adjust or complete to your wishes.

Advice: choose a way how to store files and the way you want the tags to be. Than stick to it. Then it will be coherent in the BS5. 

• 10-28-2011 3:55 PM In reply to

You can certainly use BeoPlayer to edit the music on the BeoSound 5. I did this initially when I bought my BeoSound 5. I just find BeoPlayer to be rather slow and cumbersome. ITunes is much faster and easier for editing, and iTunes give you more control than does BeoPlayer. However, iTunes cannot edit direclty to the BeoSound 5 as BeoPlayer does. It sounds like the upcoming ripping drive might be ideal for you if you're not comfortable with iTunes.

Don't get discouraged. The BeoSound 5 shows all the flaws of incorrect tagging and low resolution cover art. After I got mine, it took me WEEKS to painstakingly re-edit the tags via BeoPlayer and to replace the cover art. Mind you that this was due to my own laziness of years of neglect in properly tagging my music. Now that it's all perfect, I can truly enjoy my BeoSound 5 and appreciate it all the more. I suppose the appreciation can be similar to that of re-waxing one's own Barbour wax coat rather than sending it back to the factory for re-waxing. It makes it more personal.

Once you have the tags corrected, you'll want to make a backup copy. I suggest connecting an exernal hardrive and a mouse and keyboard directly to the BeoMaster 5 to do this. You just go into the service mode on the BeoSound 5, locate the files, and copy them to the external harddrive. You can also have BeoPlayer create a copy on your computer's harddrive.

• 11-03-2011 3:28 AM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

The upgrade is available since yesterday evening, and Solve this problem, (only one album is still problematic for me )

Check it out 

Regards

Eric

• 11-04-2011 11:03 AM In reply to

Thanks for your response much appreciated.  Still not sure which tags to change to make this work - I guess trial and error.  Smile

• 11-04-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

Eric thanks - do you know what the current new version is?

• 11-17-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

Carolpa, thanks for your response - much appreciated!  Can you tell me if mp3tag will recognize the Beomaster 5 files/directory so I can make the change on the Beomaster itself?  Any help you can give would be great.

Filed under: , ,
  • 11-17-2011 4:50 PM In reply to

you can access the files on the BM5 directly.

You' re using a PC or a Mac?

• 11-17-2011 7:14 PM In reply to

Thanks again! I am using a windows PC with windows 7. I can see the files via beoplayer but not via windows explorer. I will download mp3tag and see if I can view and edit there. Is there anything else I need to do or know? Thanks again.

• 11-18-2011 12:51 AM In reply to

Open the beoplayer

Goto explorer

Open network

You should see the BM5

• 11-20-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

After reading this I tried mp3tag with my Beosound 5. Works wonderfully for cover art but I am having trouble solving the multiple copies of an album. I noticed that in the field "path" that tracks from an album have different paths. Is that the cause of the problem? If so, how do I edit that field? It does not seem to be editable.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-20-2011 12:21 PM In reply to

it's not editable.

you must change the directory where you store a file, to change the input of that field. In principle, you could mess all files around for the BS5. It isn't dependable of the files location. 

Normally my input for choosing a Album in MP3tag is the directory. Then all files have the same input in the described field. This is dependend how you have organized your files. I did it as follow:

/Album Artist/Album/Tracknumber. Tittle

Razlaw:
    trouble solving the multiple copies of an album

do you mean your have multiple copies of the same Albums or do they have the same Album tittle?

• 11-20-2011 12:56 PM In reply to

One Album gets divided into two or three by the Beosound 5, with some tracks in one album and other tracks in another.

• 11-20-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

One Album gets divided into two or three by the Beosound 5, with some tracks in one album and other tracks in another.

I presume they are all in the same diretory.

Start MP3tag and select all tracks in the directory. Adjust the Album name and save the files. You get a window which says how much files have been saved. This should be the same as tracks in the directory.

Repeat this for the Artist and also the Album Artist. I set the Artist and Album Artist always to the same. Save the files.

Do a rescan on the BS5. This should work. But maybe a reboot may help you eventually.

• 11-20-2011 7:35 PM In reply to

Thanks!  I went through this afternoon and added cover art. So far I am not having any success in solving the multiple album problem. I will have to spend some more time with it.

• 11-21-2011 1:17 AM In reply to

Note: if you place two of the same albums of the same artist on the BS5 in different directoryies with all the tags the same, this will be messed up

• 11-21-2011 2:38 PM In reply to

Carolpa:
    Note: if you place two of the same albums of the same artist on the BS5 in different directoryies with all the tags the same, this will be messed up

As per http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/41593.aspx .....

You have to ensure that the artist and artist album are the same for both CD's in the multiple album. Otherwise the BS5 treats them as separate albums.

Devils in the detail me thinks

• 11-21-2011 3:14 PM In reply to

Thanks to all for all of your help and support on this.  I have now managed to start correcting my issues using mp3tag to correct/change tags.  I have also been able to move songs accordingly so they now appear in the correct album and have only one album cover with all the songs in it.  Phew!  Of course I have a lot of cleanup but am now happy I can move forward to straighten it all out.  Thanks again to all!!

• 11-21-2011 8:09 PM In reply to

"Whew....l". that, my friends, should not be a core quality of interaction with a BnO product. Steve, where r you?
  • 11-22-2011 12:06 AM In reply to

bsantini:
    "Whew....l". that, my friends, should not be a core quality of interaction with a BnO product. Steve, where r you?

Maybe not...but it is only doing what operating systems do. The real issue is the cr*p associated with Tags....not the BS5/BS5E.

I've lost count on thenumber of CD's I've ripped and the entire metadata loaded bears no resemblance to the back cover of the disc. Also, I hate it when you get a title of a song say

"this is the title of the song" [feat. ADBCDE][*some really useless bit of blending and mixing information][well lets make it a little linger just to irritate people].

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)