in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2011 5:24 AM by langleyav. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2011 3:27 PM

Converter for beolab 3s

There is an advert for a pair of beolab 3s in the private sale forum.  Unfortunately, I cannot post there as I only have a basic account but will upgrade if I get a positive response to this post.  The seller mentions that he has a pair of beolab 3s from the US which could be used in the UK with a converter, which his wife will not allow him to do.

I would like a pair of beolab 3s and am therefore keen to find out the cost of such a converter and whether, aside from cost, there is any other downside to using one.

The beolab 3s are to be used with a beosound 5 I am planning to buy.  On this front, I have another question.  I am planning to put this in my kitchen where I currently have a pioneer kuro with 2 side speakers.  I was hoping to turn this into a surround sound system using the beolab 3s as well as using them with the beosound 5.  My dealer is not sure whether this is possible so has asked me to let him think about it.  Can anyone here think of a way to achieve this?

Thanks

Puma

• 10-26-2011 4:43 PM In reply to

Re: Converter for beolab 3s

Welcome to BeoWorld!As far as I know the BeoLab 3 can easily be converted from 115V to 230V by placing or removing a jumper in the powersupply of the BeoLab 3.

• 10-27-2011 5:24 AM In reply to

Re: Converter for beolab 3s

According to the service manual available on site,

Converting mains voltage supply

If it is necessary to change voltage supply, e.g. when moving between two

countries, this can be done easily in the BeoLab 3 speakers (on module 01 – P504).

You will only need to mount/remove a jumper. The fuse will be a global type, so

here is no need for replacement. Remember to order new mains cables.

Ron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)