in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2011 5:34 AM by Chris. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2011 1:54 PM

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Newbie Here, Having a Very Bad Day, With My New B&O Purchase

Hi Guys

Sorry If I have posted in wrong section (admin)........Unsure

Anyways Firstly I would like to say thank you to the people behind Beoworld, what a great site, with a wealth of Information for us less knowledgable chapsSmile I would like to introduce myself as Nidul and I am a big fan of Bang & Oulfsen Products and have been for a long time, they are great technologies/pieces of art. I live in a little Town called Hitchin, which is in Hertfordshire, England UK. Only reason I say this is because I have noticed quite alot of international members.

So Today I was so excited!!!! Big Smile  I was going to pick up my first B&O purchase from Central London, a Beovision 1. Ok a little dated maybe and it had no stand or remote but I was assured it worked all I needed the un-lock security code from B&O. I also have a Beo 4 remote coming on thursday through the post. I got the TV for a very reasonable £7.50 from Ebay. All them hours paid off. So I get to London and meet the chap and for the first time lay my eyes on my new TV wow I was so happy it looked mint absolutely brilliant condition, bargain. So on the advice of the sellerHmm I put the TV in the Boot of my 2000 Model Volvo S80 Executive It has a big boot and swallowed the TV up nicley. My boot is very clean and I was going to put the tv screen down, but the seller said the scren might get damaged so I put it in the other way. I think you know where I am going with this, I drove home and when I opened my boot, to my horror the Tv had bounced up and down and has craked the screen. Super AngryIck!Super AngryIck!Super Angry At that moment I could have throttled the seller!!! I knew I should have listened to my brain!.........So now I am stuck with a broken Beovision 1

Now I was hoping that you guys could help me?? Unsure I need to know if it is worth trying to replace the screen cheaply?? I think I have found another Beovision 1 realatively cheap? Or could the internals be useful in trying to repair a Beocenter AV 5 with a faulty picture? Everything else works on that TV? Guys any help or advice on this matter to help resolve my pain would be greatly apprieceiated, Thanks in advance a very tearful...Unsure

Nidul

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

Filed under:
  • 10-23-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

Re: Newbie Here, Having a Very Bad Day, With My New B&O Purchase

Am curious - how did the thing smash if it was laid on its side?  Secondly B&O don't just give out PIN codes, if they did it would defeat the whole object of a PIN code security system.

• 10-23-2011 3:35 PM In reply to

From my limited experience the Cathod tube might have been damaged simply by placing the TV on it's back, they're supposed to stand up or lay on their belly. (screen down) 

Sorry, but for 7.50, just bin it and get another. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-23-2011 3:39 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

nidul:
    ... but the seller said the scren might get damaged so I put it in the other way.

B&O is recommending exactly this way to transport a BV/BC1 properly.

Common sense tells to fixate (especially havy) items during transport and to drive carefully.

• 10-23-2011 3:47 PM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Guys

The TV was transported on its back! I should have put it in screen down, I know I won't be making that mistake again. As for the security code, just for future reference, how would one obtain the code if neccessary?

BeoVision MX1500 Black

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

1 Attyca Stand 

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

• 10-23-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

We always transported these sets when out of the box on its back and strapped and wrapped so it wouldn't fly around. We would never lay it on its front as the screen would probably crack under the weight of the set...ask for a refund...
  • 10-23-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

On it's back is the B&O recommended way of transporting the BV1 type TV's. You must secure it in this position though!!!!

On the front is a complete no no as the contrast screen is liable to break! You know that though!!!!

If you only paid £7.50 I would bin it and buy another but you will need the unlock code as B&O will not just hand it over.

Regards Graham

• 10-23-2011 6:27 PM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

So Guys

The general concensus is to bin my new Tv and start again? Sad Oh well I am picking up a Avant 32 vcr next week. I defo will not be making the same mistake thats for sure.Unsure What is the best way of transporting the Avant? Does it come apart? I'm gonna have to travel 70 miles back home with it in a car. I will not be using the Volvo this time because the back seats don't drop in it, I have a Nissan Primera available where the seats do drop on that one. Also I was wandering is it possiable to change the outer casing from silver to black without to much hassle? The missus likes the telly but wants it in black, after my big mouth mentioned that you could get it in black, this was the only way I persuaded her to let me get an old Tv, she is one of those new is best typesUnsure She also likes the motorised stand bit and the electronic curtain. Well anyways guys thanks for all your input and I look forward to hearing more of it!

Nidul 

BeoVision MX1500 Black

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

1 Attyca Stand 

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

• 10-24-2011 3:36 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Sorry to hear that your BV1 got broken.

3 month ago I transported an Avant for my mother in law. I used a Volkswagen transporter, put the Avant upright in the transporter, wrapped it with thick covers and fixed it with some belts to the inner of the car. Drove more then 100km with it and everything went fine.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 10-24-2011 4:42 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Nidul:

Also I was wandering is it possiable to change the outer casing from silver to black
    without to much hassle?

The outer casing is the backbone of the Avant - you'll have to dismount all components
    change/paint the casing and rebuild the TV from scratch ... Will take some hours, even
    for a B&O trained technician. 

• 10-24-2011 5:34 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Nidul, i drove 100 miles back from Edinburgh with an Avant on it's side(screen up). Loads of pillows and some rope/ties if you can get them.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)