in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 3:34 PM by Rookie. 63 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2011 9:37 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Re: Now what?

Its interesting, now suddenly the auto-bass thing is not as they describe... of course it's not perfect as they say.

I have a plan B thou, and I don't believe in miracles. Any speaker in that spot with cause bass problem. But, the beolab with that big sound are small enough to be moved elsewhere, aren't they?
  • 10-29-2011 2:39 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Just out of (another) curiousity: how does the BL5 handle the volume control, does it do it in digital domain before reaches the DAC> crossover > amplifier or in the analog stage?

• 10-29-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

Well,

i know YOU like the BS5 ... and i don't, i.e i know there is better gear for my taste in the market.

Just for the record ... i have plenty of highres-files from hdtracks.com on my NAS ... and a lot of high-quality CD's ripped and stored to it ... please don't bother any longer with your MP3/AAC stories.

The BS5 just does not support my handling of digital music best ... period. 

I chose a Sooloos Media Core 200. Try it out yourself and experience how easy and comfortable the import of music, ripping of CD's, searching for a certain musician contributing to different albums for different artists etc.pp ... just stroll around via your ipad, walk around and change positions in rooms. The Sooloos software and handling is superb. 

Regards

BV 7-40 BR ... Beolab 5 front ... Beolab 8000 rear ... Beolab 2 Sub ... Apple TV ... Apple NAS ... Beosound Ouverture  ... Technisat HD8-S ... Sonos ZP 90

• 10-29-2011 8:02 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Maab:

... how does the BL5 handle the volume control, does it do it in digital domain before reaches the DAC> crossover > amplifier
    or in the analog stage?

The signal path is :

analogue IN (PL or LINE)
    > A/D converter
    > switch SPDIF IN / converted analogue IN  
    > Digital Sound Processing
    > D/A converters / filters
    > volume controls
    > power amps
    > drivers 

• 10-30-2011 4:40 AM In reply to

@Rookie i have also high resolution flac 192khz but the beomaster 5 plays it very well in my opion.

Why do you think the BM5 can't handle it very well?

• 10-30-2011 8:33 AM In reply to

@ koning

I don't mean the sonic qualities of the BS/BM 5 ... i don't like the "handling" in terms of importing/accessing music and the whole software of the thing.

As an example: When i want to rip a CD in order to transfer it to the Media Core 200 ... i just have to put it in my macbook, where a Sooloos software start to do the ripping, tagging etc.pp ... when it is done, the file is transferred to the harddisc of te Media Core. 

When i want to download/buy tracks from hdtracks.com ... i can just do it and store it on the Media Core.

Sooloos gives access to my itunes libraries via LAN/internet ... very easy and intuitive.

I can operate the whole thing with an ipad ... don't have to sit and stay right in front of the BS5 terminal.

And it looks damned good!

Regards

BV 7-40 BR ... Beolab 5 front ... Beolab 8000 rear ... Beolab 2 Sub ... Apple TV ... Apple NAS ... Beosound Ouverture  ... Technisat HD8-S ... Sonos ZP 90

• 10-30-2011 10:14 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Hi Roockie,

How do you like the iPads/sooloos interface?

Do you connect them digitally?

My understanding is that the bl5 accept up to 24/96 files. Does the sooloos upsample any file to 24/192

- if yes, how do you handle does files?

Regards,

• 10-30-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Ripping for computer-phobics - stupid simple:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/ripping-device

• 10-30-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

Hi again,

i like the Sooloos interface very much.

The Beolab 5 can be fed with 24bit/96khz via spdif directly ... then with its DSP all signals are up-sampled to 24bit/192kHz before being converted to analog for the power amps. 

Don't worry ... it works just fine ;-)

Regards

• 10-30-2011 1:55 PM In reply to

Vienna:

Ripping for computer-phobics - stupid simple:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/ripping-device

Hi,

that is new to me ... a move into the right direction ... but still a late follower.

How much is it?

Regards

• 10-30-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Rookie:
    ... that is new to me ... a move into the right direction ...

... to be officially released shortly - price is rumoured to be astonishingly low - an add-on for
     ALL BM5/BSd 5 combos, regardless of age - NOT for BSd 5 Encore.

• 10-31-2011 11:41 AM In reply to

astonishingly low .... hahahahaLaughing

• 11-01-2011 12:20 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

I did some thinking...

The ideal server for my bl5 would be a beosound 5 Encore... with the ripper would be perfect.

But, I dont understand why they omitted the digital output! That is a deal breaker for me.

Do you think there is any chance that in the neat future they would supply it with that feature?

Thanks
  • 11-01-2011 3:34 PM In reply to

Then think again Big Smile

The CD Ripping Device is not available for the BS Encore.

I don't think they want to add it to the Encore ... they neither want it to have digital outs ... they would like you to buy the BS/BM5 for extra money!

Just don't buy it, if you would prefer another solution.

Again: Get a Beosystem 2 or 3 ... it will solve all your issues, if you want to stick to B&O AND want to be able to integrate some 3rd-party gear.

Regards

Page 3 of 3 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3