in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2011 2:04 PM by cooldude. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2011 2:51 AM

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

B&O AV 7000

I just bought a B&O AV 7000, in excellent condition I was wondering if anyone here would know if you can use it as a preamp and let me know how to connect it to a power amp.

How is the sound quality of this B & O unit as a Dolby Prologic processor when you compare it to todays Dolby Digital processors. My friend thinks that this AV7000 is probably better in terms of sound.

Also, could it be use as an input expander? I have a Beomaster 5000 receiver and I would like to have more input. Any help from this forum would be truly appreciated.

Cheers.

P.S Man this Beogram 5500 cd player is truly amazing and so is the Beomaster 5000.  

• 10-21-2011 11:12 AM In reply to

Re: B&O AV 7000

This unit is meant for use of powered speakers (beolab).

You could use passive speakers and connect the 7000 to specific B&O amp module (MCL2P) for each pair of speakers. Works just fine.

Sorry to say the sound of the dolby processor is adequate, not high end and newer formats are not compatible. Certainly is not up to current surround processor.

Yes, it actually works well as an B&O input expander, though the 5000 is not compatible. They use different IR remote codes.

You need a 5500,6500 or 7000 series or anything more recent.

• 10-21-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Many Thanks for your post here. How do you use it as a audio input expander

and as a preamp? Do you use subwoofer output as a preoutput?

Please let me know.

Cheers

• 10-23-2011 6:46 PM In reply to

Hello,

Having recently moved into a different home from a home where our Beosystem 7000 was custom installed and wired years ago with audio distributed throughout the home (Beolink), we are now trying to utilize our older system within the format of our new home. Although an older technology, we very much enjoyed this system in our home and the ease of use.

I have the AV7000 connected to a Samsung 46" Smart TV. The AV7000 is connected to CX100 speakers each powered by MCL2P amplifiers. The Samsung is also connected to ethernet/modem/router/Century Link Prism and separate Samsung DVD player. We listen in stereo only for casual viewing listening in this room and the CX100 speakers sound wonderful, whether viewing video, or audio from Prism or internet connection music source.  I would like to be able to connect the CX100 speakers to a whole house distributed audio option, but not sure how. Also would like to combine all 3 remotes, Prism, DVD and B&O 1000, if possible, for this room only. We have the Beosystem 7000 components with Penta III's in another room for analog listening. We have in-ceiling speakers in 4 other rooms with in-wall controls, though haven't found a solution to power the in-ceiling speakers and connect with distributed audio integrating the CX100 speakers and Pentas. The wiring for the in-ceiling speakers terminates in the room with the AV7000. 

If any members have suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks very much. 

• 10-26-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

KalK:

Many Thanks for your post here. How do you use it as a audio input expander

and as a preamp? Do you use subwoofer output as a preoutput?

Please let me know.

Cheers

I have my AV7000 hooked up to my beosound4000.
    My remote controls both units. 

The subwoofer output on the AV7000 is already amplified, so can't really be used as preout.
    The AV does not have a preout.
    These units are designed to be used with amplified speakers or with the combo of the mcl2p amps blocks and passive speakers.

• 10-26-2011 2:04 PM In reply to

jtaggart:

Hello,

Having recently moved into a different home from a home where our Beosystem 7000 was custom installed and wired years ago with audio distributed throughout the home (Beolink), we are now trying to utilize our older system within the format of our new home. Although an older technology, we very much enjoyed this system in our home and the ease of use.

I have the AV7000 connected to a Samsung 46" Smart TV. The AV7000 is connected to CX100 speakers each powered by MCL2P amplifiers. The Samsung is also connected to ethernet/modem/router/Century Link Prism and separate Samsung DVD player. We listen in stereo only for casual viewing listening in this room and the CX100 speakers sound wonderful, whether viewing video, or audio from Prism or internet connection music source.  I would like to be able to connect the CX100 speakers to a whole house distributed audio option, but not sure how. Also would like to combine all 3 remotes, Prism, DVD and B&O 1000, if possible, for this room only. We have the Beosystem 7000 components with Penta III's in another room for analog listening. We have in-ceiling speakers in 4 other rooms with in-wall controls, though haven't found a solution to power the in-ceiling speakers and connect with distributed audio integrating the CX100 speakers and Pentas. The wiring for the in-ceiling speakers terminates in the room with the AV7000. 

If any members have suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks very much. 

Hi,

Not sure if I read all of this right.
    Do you use 5 speakers or just 2 with the AV7000 ? You only need one MCL2p per pair of speakers. The AV has the center speaker amp built-in.

To answer the remote problem, there are a couple of solutions. Non of them easy or cheap I'm afraid.
    1) buy the beo5 or beo6 remote. These will handle everything, but are expensive and the setup needs to be professionally done.
    2) Use a lintronics IR translator box. This will allow your B&O remote to control all B&O and most non-B&O hardware.
    3) buy a good 3rd party universal remote that covers the special B&O IR frequency. Logitech Harmony one is good exemple.

For multi-room audio :

Connect a mcl2p to one of the powerlink outputs. Then connect the speaker output to an audio splitter module.  (should be around $50)
    To which you can connect all the speaker wiring. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)