in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2011 5:05 PM by Larskoelle. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2011 3:45 PM

Beo Members of the Board are buying stocks / shares

Hi, 

it looks very interesting to me that two members of the board recently purchased some BEO shares. In total they bought 6200. 

Mr. Jim Hagemann Snabe & Mr. Alberto Torres

Let us speculate what that means.

Are they expecting big things to happen? I hope so!!!

;-)

Edit:

After writing the above I have found the following Job description:

Sie passen zu uns, wenn Sie:

• Eine hohe Begeisterung für die Marke Bang & Olufsen mitbringen
    • Kommunikation, Eigeninitiative und Belastbarkeit zu Ihren Stärken zählen
    • Sensibilität für außergewöhnliche Serviceorientierung im Umgang mit Kunden und Mitarbeitern besitzen
    • Über ein gepflegtes und sicheres Auftreten verfügen
    • Sie im Besitz eines PKW-Führerscheins sind
    • Idealerweise bereits Erfahrung mit der Marke Bang & Olufsen und/oder der Marke Apple gesammelt haben sowie über gute IT- bzw. Netzwerk Kenntnisse verfügen.

Most important part: 

• In best case you have already experiance with the brand of B&O and / or with the Brand Apple as well as solid knowledge in the area of IT and Network.
    I have to say I am curious about what they are cooperating on with Apple. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 10-19-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

Re: Beo Members of the Board are buying stocks / shares

Very interesting!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-19-2011 6:31 PM In reply to

Hmmmm i reckon Apple TV with OLED screen (made by LG) and internal speakers by B&O.  Apart from selling millions, it would be THE BEST ever way of spreading the words Bang&Olufsen...

If Apple made a TV it would have to be different, captivating and I reckon that would start with OLED for which LG (who they favour) are a known developer!

• 10-19-2011 10:31 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Mr. Hagemann Snabe is co-CEO of business software company. SAP

Mr. Torres is with Nokia.

I do not see how that connects with Apple?

• 10-20-2011 7:12 AM In reply to

Hi expomann,

I totally agree from that angle there is no connection.

But taking in cosideration that BEO announced a partnership with Apple it is interesting from my point of view.

Moreover, but a weak argument, there is the store I am quoting above is looking to hire someone with extended networking and apple knowledge.

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Thank you

• 10-20-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

expoman:
    Mr. Torres is with Nokia.

Not since about a year or so. He was one of the folks that took up & left after the Meego platfrom collaboration with Intel was axed.

6,200 shares isn't that huge a commitment for anyone in an executive position - it's worth about 54,000 euros at current prices. Besides, they couldn't go about buying (nor selling) a lot if they had immediate knowledge of anything to come, as it would very soon end up in the court as a possible insider trade crime.

-mika

• 10-20-2011 7:38 AM In reply to

Personnally I do no agree to you. It is not insider knowledge, they have announced that they are going to do something with Apple. Announcing that the public knows it ;-)

I guess it is just an issue of definition. ;-)

I do not want to reduce the facts to the announcement I just think it is interesting to know. In addition I agree €54k is not that much of a commitment.

Thank you

• 10-20-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

Larskoelle:

Hi expomann,

I totally agree from that angle there is no connection.

But taking in cosideration that BEO announced a partnership with Apple it is interesting from my point of view.

Moreover, but a weak argument, there is the store I am quoting above is looking to hire someone with extended networking and apple knowledge.

Can someone link me to the much talked about "partnership" with Apple?  All I have ever seen in print is the fact that some products will be sold in apple stores.

Thanks

• 10-20-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

Well,

sorry, it is quite late tonight but we have had the interview here at beoworld as well as the link to the danish business magazine Tue gave an interview. 

I ll have a look tomorrow. 

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)