in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2011 12:22 AM by mediabobny. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2011 7:20 PM

SWMBO/HWMBO

Clearly because I am here, I am a big fan of B&O.

I was reading a few of the posts as per usual, and the following sentence was included in the text:

(usually after my wife's rant about how cheaper and more reliable Sony Bravia's are....) 

Quite often when reading this forum, I've noticed there are similair things said. In other words, this seems to be a common problem. 

I know of it first hand, believe me! My wife has told me in no uncertain terms that I am NEVER allowed to buy a B&O DVD player again....EVER! I have gone through 4 DVD 1s and currently use a Pioneer DVD player through my BV4. The Pioneer cost me $80 and has never had a single problem playing any DVD I have, in any format, from any country. My DVD1s only ever played store bought discs. No Divx, no dodgy asian copies, etc etc etc.

Anyway, that's clearly beside the point; and the DVD thing is not my problem here, rather the fact that we all have to deal with unhappy wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends/family/friends who ridicule us for paying so much money for something that doesn't perform to the level it should for the price we've paid!!!

Anyone else see this???

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-16-2011 8:19 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Re: SWMBO/HWMBO

I seem to have managed to go to the next level leaving HWMBO well behind.

I now suffer from the WMIYAWYIM scenario, needless to say savings in the HWMBO aren't his forte! Unsure

WMIYAWYIM = Whats Mine Is Yours AND Whats Yours Is Mine! Whistle

• 10-17-2011 3:44 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

benjnz:
    I now suffer from the WMIYAWYIM scenario, needless to say savings in the HWMBO aren't his forte!

Yep, he doesn't know what he's on about! lol

I have been given strict instructions not to buy anymore B&O until I know exactly what I want.  No more trial and error.  I was on the brink of a BV10, but it wasn't the $$, it was that it didn't match my feature set so I got the Sony Bravia.  Now I have purchased another Bravia and a 3rd one lol.  

I do want a BS5, either encore or other, and a beocom, but i'm waiting to see what the new products are.  Even though I have been given instructions, doesn't mean i have to listen to them: I push my own wheels lol.

• 10-17-2011 6:51 PM In reply to

It's not the purchasing decision that's the problem, it's when the B&O item that you've spent a fortune on dies!

This is the only time I have to answer to swmbo!!! Super Angry

And for me it's not WMIYAWYIM, rather it's WYIMAWMIM according to her! (What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine)

• 10-17-2011 9:31 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Jonathan:

And for me it's not WMIYAWYIM, rather it's WYIMAWMIM according to her! (What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine)

LMAO she's not an Island lay is she? Stick out tongue

• 10-17-2011 11:43 PM In reply to

benjnz:

Jonathan:

LMAO she's not an Island lay is she? Stick out tongue

Worse! She's French!!!! SurpriseLaughingLaughingLaughing

• 10-18-2011 12:22 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Bonne chance!