in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-23-2011 6:43 PM by Opman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2011 12:31 PM

BC6 Foxsat Power On Problems

Hi there,

This might seem like a pretty basic question but it's a problem that's beating me at the moment. I'm using a BC6-26 TV (with integrated DTV) together with a DVD player and Humax FoxsatHDR 500GB. The Foxsat is connected via scart to AV1 and set to V-Aux (STB) so I can control via the PUC, the DVD is connected via scart to AV2 and set to DVD.

I'm having trouble getting the Foxsat to power up when I switch the TV on in V-Aux mode. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. I have set the STB control to both STB on standby and to follow the TV but it does not make any difference. I understood the peripheral device just picks up the power on signal via the scart lead and the fact that it works sometimes suggests the cable is OK. Always powers off with the TV.

I've tried playing with the standby and power saving functions on the Foxsat but does not seem to make any difference. Any suggestions welcome.

Chris

• 10-21-2011 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: BC6 Foxsat Power On Problems

No ideas from anyone? Or is this just too simple a question?

Any suggestions appreciated.

• 10-22-2011 9:44 AM In reply to

Chris,

Given your feedback, can I start at the basic level and ask about the placing of the IR blaster on the front of the Humax Fox SAT as generally speaking this is quite critical. Are you really sure that the blaster is directly over the receiver in the STB ?

Regards Keith....

• 10-22-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

If you switch the TV on first before selecting V.AUX does that make any difference?

Opman

• 10-23-2011 6:37 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith and Opman for the replies. Yes, I have checked the blaster positioning and it is right over the IR window - and I have no problem with any of the commands once the Foxsat box is running. And it makes no difference if I turn the TV on in TV mode first. Just seems to be eratic - sometimes the Freesat box will start with the TV, other times not. Always powers off with the TV, though. Puzzles me. 

• 10-23-2011 6:43 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

It sounds to me like the V.AUX command is being sent a fraction to soon for the Humax box to respond.

I have a vague recollection that when connecting a STB to HDR1 it was possible to add a small delay in the STB within HDR1 so that the connected box was able to recieve the wake up command and respond to the correct channel number.(There were instances of the box switching on but not selecting the correct channel with timer recordings).

I don't know if its possible to induce a delay in your TV sending the wake up command.

Sorry I can't offer any other suggestions.

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)