in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2011 5:33 AM by BeoGreg. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2011 12:44 PM

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Beocom 5 disapointment.

Well, bought a Beocom 5 last night because I needed a second telephone, one Beocom 6000 for five person isn't enough anymore.

In one day, I had conversations cut when putting back on speaker, a buzz heared by the other person only when out of speaker (on speaker it's fine), it says "no line available" but everything is fine (the 6000 says nothing) and once it was impossible to answer the phone it whent on/off (B & O logo) 2 or 3 times !

That's a lot in one day !

The software version is 2.1 so an update is available, but why the hell I need again to check if the software is ok and go back to the shop, etc...

After the BV10 now it's Beocom 5.

I'm very disapointed to say the least.

I'll go back to the dealer on tuesday.

Can't believe they did it wrong again.

When I think I was just thinking of a BS5 Encore, it will be encore (again in french) troubles !

Cheers,

Gregory    

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 10-14-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Re: Beocom 5 disapointment.

Wow, that is dissapointing ! I bought a bc 6000 a few hours ago only because I would need a software upgrade with my 3 other bc's. I had considered the bc 5 but for the cost of the phone and upgrades it just made no sense.

Get another 6000 in lieu of the 5 on Tuesday, they are great phones.

• 10-14-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Hi mon ami,

As advised in the french topic, please go to your dealer and ask him for the 2.3 update.

I've just tried mine, that has been upgraded to 2.3 this afternoon, and nothing to declare but a telephone that works flawlessly.

I tried different things like making a call to cellphones, taking the telephone from the speaker, putting it back and nothing wrong, it worked perfectly.

The sound quality from inner speaker and hands free speaker are excellent too.

The only thing I would like to be improved is the ringtones choice and their volume that is little bit too low even at its maximum level.

So Greg, what is an hour to spare at your dealer compared to years having difficulties with your beocom 5?

Cheers and 2.3 Wink

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 10-14-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

B&O strongly recommends the following procedure:

1. Update ALL existing products, (handset(s) AND base) to the latest SW version.

2. Connect the oldest product(s) first - eg. BeoCom 6000 or BeoCom 2 before
        connecting a BeoCom 5 (will be the last step)

3. The PIN code in the existing setup must be set to "0000" before connecting the BeoCom 5 handset.
        The PIN code can be reactivated afterwards.

4.  Last step is connecting the BeoCom 5 handset(s) to the base.

• 10-14-2011 3:16 PM In reply to

You would think that B&O would demand that when an item is sold new from a store, that it does not leave the store until it has the lastest software/firmware installed so the customer has the perfect B&O experience!

I cannot believe this is allowed to happen, if Gregory's phone was supplied new but has out of date software it gives B&O equipment a bad name, gives B&O a bad name and does nothing to build confidence in the dealer. If new software is available that corrects an issue, new items should automaticallly be loaded with it by the dealer before it ia allowed to leave the store!

Stoobie

• 10-14-2011 4:31 PM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

That's it, all new products should have the latest software available when living the store.

No question about that.

I should have bought another 6000, but I liked the speaker fonction and the new look of the 5.

I also don't like the 6000 "new" colors.

I will go for the 2.3 software next week and ask before if i take my old 6000 mk1 base for an update.

Incredible to live that for a simple phone at the end of 2011 !

Cheers,

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 10-14-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

I've been told that soon there will be a higher version then 2.3

Base lost connection to the phone is a wel known problem in struer

• 10-14-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

BeoGreg:
    ... I should have bought another 6000 ...

When you are adding a BeoCom 6000 Mk2 to an existing BeoCom/BeoLine MK1 setup
    the update procedure for existing products remains the same.

• 10-15-2011 2:41 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Vienna:
    When you are adding a BeoCom 6000 Mk2 to an existing BeoCom/BeoLine MK1 setup
    the update procedure for existing products remains the same.
    All my beocoms are mk2 and they can probably do with an upgrade as I have had them a few years. The only problem with that is they are all wall mounted with the cables  hidden into the walls. I wonder can they be upgraded in situ?

My latest bc6000 being my first desk/table base I am very surprised that there is only one fixed route for the mains cable to exit the base. Nothing a drill can not fix but an oversight in design none the less.

• 10-15-2011 5:35 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

valve1:

All my beocoms are mk2 and they can probably do with an upgrade as I have had them a few years.

If your system is working perfectly, you don't need an update.
    Recommended to solve problems and mandatory if you add "new generation" handhelds eg. a BeoCom 5.

valve1:

The only problem with that is they are all wall mounted with the cables  hidden into the walls.
    I wonder can they be upgraded in situ?

Wall or desktop chargers need no update, they are only connected to the mains and contain no SW.

Only if it's a BeoCom 6000 Mk1 = desktop charger including the base (beeing connected to both,
    the mains and the telefone line) it can/should be updated. And of course all versions of BeoLine
    bases wo. charging function can/should be updated.  

valve1:

My latest bc6000 being my first desk/table base I am very surprised that there is only one fixed
    route for the mains cable to exit the base. Nothing a drill can not fix but an oversight in design
    none the less.

Newer desktop and wall chargers have a detachable connection located on the power supply
    (turn 90° and pull)

• 10-15-2011 9:43 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BeoGreg:
    The software version is 2.1 so an update is available, but why the hell I need again to check if the software is ok and go back to the shop, etc... 

We use Beocom 5's in our office and they shipped with 2.1. The latest sw is 2.3 and there was a big update (2.2?) where one major bug was fixed - the phone would cut off when put in to speaker mode.

Since updating to 2.3, we're fairly happy with our office Beocom 5s. There are a couple of issues though:

1) The phone can spit and splutter when ringing, which is a bit embarrassing, but not a major issue

2) Very occasionally the call can end when the Beocom 5 loses connection to the base. This seems to happen when you're on a long (conference) call. Worse, if they call us and we don't have their number, we have to wait for them to redial and blame the disconnection on a poor line! It isn't, it's the Beocom 5 losing the connection. Doesn't happen often, but it's happened at least 3 times on long calls. As someone pointed out, it's a known issue.

It would be nice for all products to ship with the latest sw, but that would require B&O opening each item, connecting to a laptop and then spending time updating the product - even updating the sw on a Beocom 5 isn't a quick process. Most customer's would be shocked to see this happen in the store, so it's not practical.

Besides, I think us B&O customers have an obesession with having the latest sw installed! Most people won't notice any issues at all with their hardware or, if they do, will think it's a quirk with the hardware.

• 10-15-2011 9:49 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

My dealer has just replied to my email saying that the Beocom 5 2.4 sw update should be out 5 December and that it should fix the disconnection problem.

• 10-15-2011 10:16 AM In reply to

moxxey:

It would be nice for all products to ship with the latest sw, but that would require B&O opening each item, connecting to a laptop and then spending time updating the product - even updating the sw on a Beocom 5 isn't a quick process. Most customer's would be shocked to see this happen in the store, so it's not practical.

Besides, I think us B&O customers have an obesession with having the latest sw installed! Most people won't notice any issues at all with their hardware or, if they do, will think it's a quirk with the hardware.

I can't imagine you really think that it is acceptable for B&O to allow stuff out of the showrooms that doesn't work properly and hope that the customers don't relise it's the software and that if it  is not working, believe it's a quirk! - if it's not working - it's not working plain and simple, and the customer should expect it to be 100% operational when he gets it.

It should leave the showroom with the latest software! If that means the store has to to do it, then it should be done! I think majority of users would not be shocked to know or see this happen, especially if it means they don't have to come back for it to be done anyway, which is what happens now it seems. Customers these days know software controls most things and if a quick fix makes a better customer experience then that should be what happens. Obviously it is different if an issue is discovered later and newer software is produced, but it should leave the store with the most current available on that day!

You seem to advocate that if you buy B&O and don't know or worry about the latest software, and then find your hardware doesn't work, you either put up with it because you think it's a quirk and think I'm never going to buy that again, or you have to trapse back and watch them update it in any event because it was too shocking to do the first time you visited the store. Hardly good customer servince and brand management.

I know what I would prefer!

Stoobie

• 10-15-2011 11:03 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Stoobietoo:
    It should leave the showroom with the latest software!

I agree - but even then it can/will will happen older components of your system need to be updated too.

• 10-15-2011 1:40 PM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

I won't be waiting until the 5th of december to get my 4 or 5 issues fixed.

If 2.3 is fine for what I need (only simple phone calls) great that's the end of the problem, if not i ask for a refund.

It would have been so simple to spend 15 more minutes with me (my phone) on thursday when I got the phone...

Thank you all for your feedback anyway.

Cheers.

Gregory

• 10-15-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Stoobietoo:

I can't imagine you really think that it is acceptable for B&O to allow stuff out of the showrooms..

Let me tell you that I've had more issues with BV7-40 sw than most people. Please be more considerate when choosing your words. And more practical with your thinking.

Three important points here:

1) You cannot expect a manufacturer to finish, box and provide small products to a dealer - which they then keep in stock - then, every time that dealer sells a product, expect them to get it out of the box, get their fingers all over the product and then update the software every time a customer buys a product. What sort of impression does that give to the customer? Most customers want to buy their products pristine and do the all-important unboxing themselves. They do not want their products unboxed before they get them home.

2) SW updates are made available all the time. Indeed, taking the BV7-40 as an example, sw updates/fixes actually broke functionality after the release of the BV7-40 MKIII. There were all kinds of local UK Sky-related issues that kept cropping up each time B&O released a new sw update. In these examples, updating the sw to the latest version by the dealer is both impractical and can actually affect the use of the product. Like someone mentioned above, you do not NEED the latest software in every scenario.

3) No other manufacturer updates sw for their products after the customer picks up their purchase. If Samsung ships a MK-I version of their new TV, it might sit in the warehouse for months. By the time the customer purchases this TV, there could be issues. Samsung's dealers do not upgrade the sw, nor do they send around an engineer to upgrade the sw.

We've become slightly obsessed with software updates as a community. I'm not saying that B&O should be shipping "faulty" goods, but remember that some issues crop up locally - such as the Sky issues in the UK - and a customer in, say, Denmark will never experience those sw issues and, thus, their TV won't be "faulty" as you indicate.

• 10-16-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Stoobietoo:

I can't imagine you really think that it is acceptable for B&O to allow stuff out of the showrooms..

Let me tell you that I've had more issues with BV7-40 sw than most people. Please be more considerate when choosing your words. And more practical with your thinking.

I'm sorry that you take offence at what I said, but I didn't mean "you" specifically! Mind you, I would have thought that as you have had so much of an issue with your TV you would really have wished it had worked 100% from the day you recieved it. If given the choice of working 100% when I get it or working only after I have had it days, weeks or months and returned it (or had a technician out) to update, I know I would want it working correctly from the beginning.

moxxey:

1) You cannot expect a manufacturer to finish, box and provide small products to a dealer - which they then keep in stock - then, every time that dealer sells a product, expect them to get it out of the box, get their fingers all over the product and then update the software every time a customer buys a product. What sort of impression does that give to the customer? Most customers want to buy their products pristine and do the all-important unboxing themselves. They do not want their products unboxed before they get them home.

I still stand by the fact that if you are spending well over the odds on something such as a phone, I would happily wait in store, whilst the software was updated, if I knew it was going to correct a known issue. I would think the impression on the customer would be far better then them unboxing their fabulous purchase only to be let down by it not doing what they were promised it would once home. If I paid £30 for a cordless phone and there was an issue I'd take it back for a refund or put up with it, if I paid £450 (BeoCom 5?) I'd expect more!

moxxey:

2) SW updates are made available all the time. Indeed, taking the BV7-40 as an example, sw updates/fixes actually broke functionality after the release of the BV7-40 MKIII. There were all kinds of local UK Sky-related issues that kept cropping up each time B&O released a new sw update. In these examples, updating the sw to the latest version by the dealer is both impractical and can actually affect the use of the product. Like someone mentioned above, you do not NEED the latest software in every scenario.

The discussion began with a customer having got a phone home that did not do what it should as advertised, there was a known issue and apparently already a software update that has sorted it, and whilst I agree that you do not need the latest software in every instance, you should at least have the software that gives you a 100% functional purchase. especially with a known issue. I suppose what I should have said in my posting is not - It should leave the showroom with the latest software! If that means the store has to to do it, then it should be done! - but - It should leave the showroom with the software that gives 100% funtionality as per the specification and gives the customer what they paid for even if it means doing the update before delivering it/handing it over.

moxxey:

3) No other manufacturer updates sw for their products after the customer picks up their purchase. If Samsung ships a MK-I version of their new TV, it might sit in the warehouse for months. By the time the customer purchases this TV, there could be issues. Samsung's dealers do not upgrade the sw, nor do they send around an engineer to upgrade the sw.

This is not correct! I have a 4 year old Humax Freeview Box, it has had 2 OTA (over the air) software updates since I have had it and Humax sends out newsletters every few months saying when the next updates are due for many of their boxes. They also re-run updates regularly in case you missed it or bought new-old stock. My Samsung TV has had 1 update since I've owned it in 4 years, it was about 2 years ago and when I turned the TV on it gave me the choice of installing the update or not and if you did install, you can roll back at any time.

Take a look here for the schedule of manufactures who are updating over the air for the next few weeks - these are for freeview boxes and TV's etc in the UK and loads of manufacturers use this method. This is updated every week and you will see many maufactures booking their slot.

So whilst we may be a little obsessed with software updates, we should expect it to make our purchases 100% functional from the outset, but as items get older and issues become aparrent there are ways and means of ensuring the customer has a good experience. If software simply enhances feature for newer models, then I agree we shouldn't expect it, but if it is fixing a problem, we should.

My Beovision 5 does not have the latest software for controlling settop boxes as mine does what I expect in controlling the settop box I have. I bought it knowing what models of settop box was compatible currently or being able to pay for newer software. On the other hand, my Beolink Wireless 1s had to be updated to the current software because I purchased 3 units, 4 years ago and they worked as they should, I bought a new one last month and the new software meant it would not work with the 3 old ones. (B&O don't tell you this when you go in store). So I took my shiny new,(unopened) box home and after a very frustrating 2 hours of connecting cables, re-trying, moving recievers, swapping from recieve to transmit thinking I was doing something wrong, I came on here found the issue and found I had a choice of down grading to match the 3 old ones or upgrading the 3 old ones because the software is not compatible and will NOT work under any circumstances! If I knew it could NEVER work before I left the store, I would have been happy to wait whilst the box was opened software was updated. I had to arrange to take it back in when all I wanted to do was plug it in and have music in the room. Once it was updated, I took it home and within 5 minutes plugged had it in, pressed a button on each and it all worked.

It is all about the customer experience, that is all I am trying to convey. And whilst I am fully aware of limitations and practicalities, one does expect more when one pays more!

Stoobie

• 10-16-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

One more issue on the counter.

I saved two favourite numbers on line 1 (L1) and line 2 (L2) knobs.

It worked fine yesterday. Guess what ? This morning those two favourite numbers where gone !

I had to install theym again.

Incredible.

Gregory

• 10-16-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Stoobietoo:

I'm sorry that you take offence at what I said, but I didn't mean "you" specifically! 

This is not correct! I have a 4 year old Humax Freeview Box, it has had 2 OTA (over the air) software updates since I have had it and Humax sends out newsletters every few months saying when the next updates are due for many of their boxes.

I don't take offence at anything posted on a forum. Doesn't affect me at all.

What I mean about software updates is where B&O send an engineer around to fix issues, free of charge, as part of your warranty. Of course manufacturers provide software updates you can do yourself - the Playstation 3 receives these all the time, so does the Apple TV and many other similar situations.

However, none of these make the effort to come to your house to do it for you and, remember, most B&O customers are fairly clueless - one reason, frankly, why they walk in to a B&O store in the first place. B&O are one of the only hardware manufacturers who send around an engineer to upgrade your TV, when required.

Remember that the hardware B&O produce *does* have the latest software installed when it leaves the factory. You're suggesting that dealers upgrade the software to the latest version before it leaves the shop. This is impractical for many customers and doesn't offer a good experience. You might be the exception, but no-one wants the dealer to start unpacking their products and connecting them up to a laptop. Doesn't look good for the customer, either. I can't think of any dealer who would do something similar, for any brand, including Apple - buy an Apple product and the first thing it does is look for the latest software, firmware update and so on.

B&O sacked about a third of their software development team two years ago, this is a key reason for the software problems that we've all experienced lately. I agree it's not good enough and it's a real shame to buy a Beocom 5 which isn't working correctly, only to find that the latest software update fixes the issue and you have to get your dealer to update it.

B&O should add automatic software updates for all their products and, hopefully, that's the way things are going in the future.

• 10-16-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Remember that the hardware B&O produce *does* have the latest software installed when it leaves the factory. You're suggesting that dealers upgrade the software to the latest version before it leaves the shop. This is impractical for many customers and doesn't offer a good experience. You might be the exception, but no-one wants the dealer to start unpacking their products and connecting them up to a laptop. Doesn't look good for the customer, either. I can't think of any dealer who would do something similar, for any brand, including Apple - buy an Apple product and the first thing it does is look for the latest software, firmware update and so on.

And that is my point entirely! If B&O items updated themselves first time you used them then there would be no issue but they don't. If you did a poll outside a B&O shop saying

1: You can buy a Beocom 5, pay £450 and take it home right now but it won't work when you get home. We won't tell you there is an issue.

2. You can buy a Beocom 5 and take it home right now but it won't work when you get home. We are aware there is an issue but won't fix it becuse you might have to see it being connected to a PC and you won't have unpacked it yourself. You'll be happy to know it won't cost you to have it sorted because it is under warranty but you will have to make sure someone is at home when we call (on your other phone cos this one isn't working).

3. You can buy a Beocom 5, we will say that to ensure it works perfectly for you, let us unpack it, update it, pack it back up, while you wait 15 mins (or what ever) and take it home and it will work.

Which box woyld the consumer tick?

Once again, I can't imagine that the experience of leaving with a non working product (when there is a known issue and update that fixes it) but being the "first" to open the box and finding it doesn't work out-weighs the experience of letting the box be opened in store and software updated to a 100% working version. If they come to the house with the laptop you'll see it all connected in any event! And in the long run it will cost far more because a technician doesn't work for B&O for free. 15 mins in store or an hour or so round trip for the technician.

Let's not forget, we are not talking about every B&O item, just those few that don't work.

Stoobie

• 10-16-2011 5:16 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

It's this topic about the Beocom 5 issues that made me think about posting this one:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/41217.aspx

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 10-17-2011 2:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Stoobietoo:

And that is my point entirely! If B&O items updated themselves first time you used them then there would be no issue but they don't. If you did a poll outside a B&O shop saying

But it's much easier for a computer or computer device, connected to the internet, to do this. It's much harder for a BV7. It takes an hour, an entire hour, to get the software updated on the BV7. There are numerous modules that need updating.

With Apple, if you have a service-related problem, you have to walk your device to their stores. Have you tried doing that with a 27" iMac or a 30" Cinema Display? For most users, this is impractical.

With B&O, at least they send around an engineer to update your TV and, frankly, I'm glad they do. This could easily go wrong. It's gone wrong twice with an engineer updating the firmware. And that's what software is, a firmware update, where you write new software to ROM. It's not a process that the average home user should undertake.

The B&O audience, as a whole, is generally tech illiterate. They are 45+ and one reason they buy the kit is that it  "just works". Most of them wouldn't have any idea how to connect their TV to the internet to perform an update and most of them would panic if it took an hour to update the TV firmware. Worse, B&O can release BS3 updates every few weeks. Who would want to sit there updating their TV every few weeks? I know that's one of the frustrating parts of owning a Playstation 3 - the constant updates.

I do feel that sometimes we are now beta-testers for software updates and that B&O do not have extensive testing units to try all possible scenarios before a new update is released. A good example is the BV7-40 problems with Sky. They kept breaking this through software updates. But I bet they weren't testing it thoroughly at B&O UK. It was all done remotely, hoped they had fixed the issue and released a new build. Engineer despatched - at B&O's expense - for year another one hour upgrade. As I said above, mostly these upgrades went wrong and had to be re-done.

Upgrading your firmware on a TV isn't an easy process at all. Understanding the B&O customer base, I can understand why they are reluctant to turn on auto-updates for these devices.

• 10-17-2011 2:41 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Stoobietoo:

out-weighs the experience of letting the box be opened in store and software updated to a 100% working version. 

You rarely get a "100% working version" with B&O. BS5 has had numerous updates, so has the BV7, Beocom 5, you name it. I think your idea is fine, but a bit impractical, particularly considering the audience. You misunderstand the general B&O audience. They are not technically clued up at all!

• 10-17-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

The main issue I have with BC5 is the quality of the line for people on the other end.

The latest (maybe?) update I had done a month or so ago seemed to make my end sound better but I always get complaints from people the other end saying the line is crackly etc.

Maybe its when you also run broadband over the same line?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 10-17-2011 1:06 PM In reply to

Purchased one last Friday. Works perfectly as far as I can tell.

Recieve a call, place it on the speaker....all works as supposed to...no cut-off or anything.

Nothing to critisie about it apart from having remember to reverse the phone when using it.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >