in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2011 4:41 AM by BeoGreg. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2011 4:13 PM

Where are B&O products made at?

Hallo everyone, I'm interested in buying a few products from Bang & Olufsen but I can't find anything online about their country of origin. I once read that they made radios in Denmark but it was long ago.

• 10-12-2011 5:17 PM In reply to

Re: Where are B&O products made at?

Many products are still made in Denmark though some are also made in Eastern Europe. Some of the entry products are made in China though all are designed in Denmark. They have gone from making almost everything themselves to using components from other companies but the electronic design will be Danish.

They are one of the bigger anodisers of aluminium you will find.

• 10-12-2011 6:55 PM In reply to

Are their headphones and earbuds chinese then? What about their telephones or head sets?

• 10-12-2011 8:27 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

americanlockpicker:

Are their headphones and earbuds chinese then? What about their telephones or head sets?

If you haven't had a chance too get a good look and read... of the earphones and telephones B & O has.... Try beophile.com...

right hand magin close too top you'll see( B & O product catagories click-on) click that)' underneath Capital Title Catagories. As you scroll

down there's Miscellaneous(click that) as you scroll you'll see either earphones/headphones or visa-versa...there's a pretty good list of

selections... After perusing that...arrow back and try Telephony-click-on and youll get a good selection of B & O Telephones! I'm not sure

about earbuds? I haven't seen'em but I haven't really been looking. Hope that helps! If you've already discovered all you're look'n for Great! didn't mean too waste your timeSmile

Todd

• 10-13-2011 1:41 AM In reply to

The A8s are Chinese as are the headsets. The Beocom 2 is certainly made in Denmark - I don't know about every other product ! B&O take quality Control very seriously though no matter the source of the product.

• 10-13-2011 3:22 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

My newly bought Beolab 11 is made in Czech Republic, although it was send to my dealer from Denmark.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 10-13-2011 1:29 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

So besides the BeoLab 11, what other BeoLabs are made outside Denmark? Until now, it was my understanding that all BeoLabs were made in Denmark.

Evan

• 10-13-2011 4:05 PM In reply to

Thanks for that post Todd. :)

• 10-13-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

My understanding is all speakers are made in the Czech except the BL4s which is China 

• 10-13-2011 9:26 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

americanlockpicker:

Thanks for that post Todd. :)

"Sure no problem" Trust me I'm still very new to B&O Sites and all the Link Sites! So I still know what it feels like  trying too get

your bearings in such a diversity of choices and options of sites!

FYI, Yeah under my avatar it says joined Sept'2009 & 102 post... Well I

didn't come live too this form for the first time until this summer August'2011 and those post have only been accumulated since then so

I'm truly newWink

Todd

• 10-14-2011 12:06 AM In reply to

I notice your in Ohio, I'm over in Parkersburg WV. :)

• 10-14-2011 10:01 AM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

americanlockpicker:

I notice your in Ohio, I'm over in Parkersburg WV. :)

My sister got married in Richmond Virginia in '09 and I have cousins there and Petersburgh but I've only driven through WV on the way to

Richmond but I have met quite a few West Virgians here in Columbus. Yep, Columbus By Way of Las Vegas; Reason for my handle (Picture).

Todd

• 10-14-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

West Virginia... Some great driving roads there!Big Smile

Evan

• 10-14-2011 11:17 AM In reply to

Many products are assembled in the Czech factory of parts made in Denmark and then shipped either directly from Czech or sent back through DK. This sort of system is a moving target, really. As new products come online the logistics of manufacturing will undoubtedly be changing constantly. Better to focus on the end product. 

The BeoSound 8 got some comments early on about being made in China, but has proved to be a very well made and reliable product. I have no fears about products being made in different locations, or a variety of locations, so long as the materials remain top notch and the fit and finish of the end product doesn't suffer. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-14-2011 8:44 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

Evan:

Well Evman, I didn't know you had taken a driving adventure through West Virginia!

Todd

• 10-14-2011 10:28 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Todd:

Evan:

Well Evman, I didn't know you had taken a driving adventure through West Virginia!

Several! All on the way to my south east vacas Smile

Evan

• 10-15-2011 1:44 PM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

On the back of my bv10 : country of origin Danemark, on the box of my beotime Malaysia, on the speaker of the beocom 5 Czech.

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 10-16-2011 11:16 AM In reply to

This is always a fun question. All can expect that B&O products are made in Denmark, certainly our imagination would expect deeply that, mainly if people focus on the prices they ask (myself included)! But it's not the case except for few products.

But it's like making bikes. A bike is just a final thing made of various pieces from all around the world: frame made in taiwan, drivetrain designed by shimano japan but made in China, tires made in Italy,....and all assembled in France by instance.

In Europe, if more than 50% of the product is assembled in a EU country, by instance Germany, they can say Made in Germany. A lot of pieces of BMW cars are made in China, but the client has always the feeling to drive "a whole part of a genius german technology", so...Marketing/Propaganda helps for that.

In Scandinavia countries, they are smart. They put high value on products by the design. It's like Swedish Hifi High-end brand Primare. On the rear panel of their amps, they just mentioned Designed in Sweden. Nothing else . But it's made in Taiwan.

Psychological FX?

• 10-18-2011 7:21 PM In reply to

I've noticed a lot of Swedish products say Design and Quality Sweden but I only buy if it says made in Sweden. Brands and designs are cool but it has to have the proper(or an acceptable one) COO if I'm going to buy. :)

• 10-20-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

I have been under the impression that Beolab 5s are made in DK.

Is that no longer the case?

• 11-13-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Beology:

I have been under the impression that Beolab 5s are made in DK.

Is that no longer the case?

The box of my BL5 i recently received (in USA) states that where shipped from DK but the country of origin is Czech Republic. 

• 11-14-2011 4:59 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Hi guys,

My BL9 were shipped from Denmark too, but had the mention "country of origin: Czech Republic"

@Maab:

I was sure the BL5 were still made in Denmark.

Does someone know how B&O manufactures their products like BL9 and BL5?

Are they fully assembled and controlled in Denmark, or is it just the quality/sound control step in Denmark and assembly in Czech?

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 11-14-2011 5:20 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCl1DIcB_3w

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-30-2011 4:41 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Form 2 : country of origin Japan

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)