in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2011 4:30 PM by Griebel. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2011 1:41 PM

How good or "bad" is the blurayplayer in the new Beovision 7-55 3D? Is the new 3D screen better than the "old" 2D-screen when watching 2D-content?

Hi,

I have today a Beovision 7-55 mark 1 without blurayplayer. I am thinking of buying the new Beovision 7-55 3D with inbuilt blurayplayer. I know that this player is a Samsung-player. Does anyone have some experience with this new BR-player?

I have today a Oppo BDP-93 player connected to my 7-55 mark 1. I really like this player but, it is also nice to have the player inbuilt in the tv.

My question to anyone who already have the 7-55 3D:

1. Is it worth the money to buy the 7-55 3D with inbuilt BR-player (and get rid of my Oppo!)?

2. Is the Picturequality better with the new 7-55 3D when looking att 2D-content (cable TV/2D BR-movies) compared to my existing 7-55 mark 1?

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 10-12-2011 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: How good or "bad" is the blurayplayer in the new Beovision 7-55 3D? Is the new 3D screen better than the "old" 2D-screen when watching 2D-content?

Yes, I have used the BR drive of the new BV7-55 3D for some time and I'm very happy with it.

BO very much improved the drive compared to the previous one. The picture, of course is the same, but the access time to the Menu or film is much better. BD live now works (if you're connected to the web).

My only regret is that the accepted formats are still very limited. For eg, no XviD or DviX... but who cared on a full HD screen.

So, my advice would be go ahead.
  • 10-12-2011 8:22 PM In reply to

Re: How good or "bad" is the blurayplayer in the new Beovision 7-55 3D? Is the new 3D screen better than the "old" 2D-screen when watching 2D-content?

My advice would be to keep the Oppo! It is regarded as one of the finest on the market. To put it another way, the Oppo will give years of trouble free enjoyment whereas the Samsung will probably of stopped working within two years! They aren't exactly known for making quality blu-ray or dvd players!

• 10-13-2011 3:49 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

We only just discussed this topic in another active forum post, here: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/41138.aspx

• 10-13-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

Moxxey,

My question was regarding the new BR-player with 3D. The link you refer to is the discussion regarding upgrading a BV7-40 mark III with the "old" BR-player (not 3D). So I think it is really okey to discuss this subject at this forum-post!

/Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 10-13-2011 8:30 AM In reply to

Thank you for your good advice! Maybe I buy the new 7-55 3D-tv without the inbuilt BR-player and then I use the Oppo-player instead.

• 10-13-2011 8:37 AM In reply to

So to my other question:

Is it worth the money to swap my 7-55 mark 1 to a 7-55 mark 2 (with 3d) regarding picturequality when watching 2D-content?`

Regards
    Martin

• 10-13-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

martin01:
    Maybe I buy the new 7-55 3D-tv without the inbuilt BR-player and then I use the Oppo-player instead

Your choice, of course, but having such a nice TV with an external player (with cables etc...) is a pity. Really, the new in-built player is very good. Don't get confused by the Oppo vs Samsung debate! By the way can anyone confirm that the new BR player of 7-55 3D is a Samsung?

• 10-13-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

martin01:

So to my other question:

Is it worth the money to swap my 7-55 mark 1 to a 7-55 mark 2 (with 3d) regarding picturequality when watching 2D-content?`

Regards
    Martin

Hi Martin,

I just did. The screen on the mkII is noticebly better, you get HDMI-out for the projector and you get the upgraded BeoSystem 3. The 3D part did not play any part, to me this is just a party trick - and if you are serious about 3D I would recommend a plasma display with less ghosting/x-talk. And I got a good deal, which is essential because the upgrade is not worth a lot of money.

But as an owner of the mk1, bring a DVD and test it with your own eyes. The built-in bluray player is in a different league compared the one in the mk1, which came from the jurrasic time periode - but not a major part of why you should upgrade. Have a look at the screen of the mkII - it is something different (compare it to a 10-46 in the store, and you may see that the 7-55 mkII moves the high-end game up one notch or five)

Roger

• 10-13-2011 5:57 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

martin01:

Moxxey,

My question was regarding the new BR-player with 3D. The link you refer to is the discussion regarding upgrading a BV7-40 mark III with the "old" BR-player (not 3D). So I think it is really okey to discuss this subject at this forum-post!

/Martin

I wasn't telling you not to discuss it, just informing you that there was a forum post on the Blu-ray drive. ie. that it might be of interest!

Never fails to amaze me how people misinterpret typed words unless you explain your intentions in full. Was merely pointing out the discussion as I thought it might be helpful for part of your question.

The BV7-55 3D panel is far better than my older MKIV BV7-40, for 2D pictures.

• 10-14-2011 2:28 AM In reply to

Thank you Roger for your reply.

Have a nice weekend all of youSmile

• 10-27-2011 3:20 AM In reply to

Hi Roger,

If You compare the screen of the "old" 7-55 mark I and the new screen in the Mark II: What differences do you experience when you look at 2D-content (DVD-movies and Digital TV in SD)? Is SD-content better with mark II compared to mark I?

If you look at HD-content in 2D: What differences can you notice between the two screens?

Regards
    Martin S

• 10-28-2011 3:43 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Hi Martin,

I had the 7-55 mkI together with the BV9, even if the 7-55 did beat the BV9 with a superior black level and a more crisp picture - the BV9 was superior when it came to over all picture quality and lack of artifacts. Now, the 7-55 mkII closes the gap between plasma and LCD - without loosing the virtues of LCD. The refresh rate of the mkII is in a different league and the pure quality of the panel is second to none today. It must be one of the best pictures money can buy.

And you do buy it because of its ability to reproduce 2D content in a much better way. I also find the "movie motion" issues to almost gone compared to the mkI, so they have clearly set out to distance the 7 from the BV10.

If you are into 3D you will need a projector - Watching 3D on any LCD is okay as a short demo, but if you want a TV to watch a full movie feature on you do need plasma.

Please let me know how you like it :-)

Roger

• 11-10-2011 1:57 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Hi Martin,

Did you get a chance to check out the 7-55 mkII? I am still amazed by the step change from the previous model - the picture quality, even with SD content, is simply stunning.  

Roger

• 11-10-2011 3:01 AM In reply to

Hi Roger,

I have today the 7-55 mark I without bluray. If I compare my mark I connected with my Oppo-BDP 93 blurayplayer and the new 7-55 mark II with the inbuild bluray player, I can not se so much difference. The biggest difference is when you look at action movies with fast panning cameras. The mark II is clearly better than the mark I. But if I look at other parts of the picture quality (contrast, colours) I can not see much difference between the mark I and mark II.

My problem is that no B&O-retailer will swap my mark I without inbuild blurayplayer to a mark II. It seems that the BV 7-55 without inbuild bluray is almost impossible to sell. I have tried my self to sell it at a very low price, without any success. I dont know if it is the current economical crisis that makes it impossible to sell or the fact that my BV 7-55 don´t have inbuild blurayplayer.

• 11-10-2011 9:12 AM In reply to

I personally would never buy a TV with an inbuilt blu-ray player,as it negates easy upgrade to a higher specced player.

Is the player in the 7-55 multiregion for DVD/Blu-ray,or region locked?

With the Oppo 93/95 one has the advantage of the hardware mod making it truly,and easily operated,multiregion.

Additionally,the Oppo has a multitude of setup options,and the benefit of easily installed firmware updates.

Is this the case with the 7-55's inbuilt player?

• 11-10-2011 4:30 PM In reply to

The DVD/Blu-ray player of the 7-55 is not region free. The DVD can be unlocked, but not the Blu-ray. However, I'm not sure that this is an issue since, unlike DVDs, BRD are often region free or multiregion.

Regarding the setup options, its reduced to the minimum.

Firmware update is supposed to be possible if the TV is connected to the web as was the case previously (7-40, early 7-55 etc...), but I personally never received any update, although I checked regularly.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)