in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-13-2011 8:43 AM by Leslie. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2011 7:02 AM

have beogram 600 must travel

does anyone know how to transport a beogram 6000 parrellel tracking variety safely? no original packaging (gulp!)

Andrew

• 10-12-2011 7:27 AM In reply to

Re: have beogram 600 must travel

There are a couple of threads on Beoworld regarding transport of Beograms.

The general rules are:

1: Remove and ship the platter seperately from the Beogram

2: There are three transport screws under the Beogram, fastening them will lock the suspension thus preventing it from destroying internal parts.

3: Protect the stylus

4: Be sure that the carriage (arm transport) is secured. Use styrofoam and bubble wrap over the turntable.

5: Always ship with a "fragile" sticker, especially a rare turntable like the Beogram 6000 quad!

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 10-12-2011 10:36 AM In reply to

many thanks for that, when you say under do you mean beneath the whole thing or under the platter?

• 10-12-2011 2:07 PM In reply to

Under the whole thing - they are usually marked showing which way to turn them Put the turntable on a table and move it so part of it is over the edge - then you can see the small screws.

• 10-12-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

Søren Hammer:

There are a couple of threads on Beoworld regarding transport of Beograms.

The general rules are:

1: Remove and ship the platter seperately from the Beogram

2: There are three transport screws under the Beogram, fastening them will lock the suspension thus preventing it from destroying internal parts.

3: Protect the stylus

4: Be sure that the carriage (arm transport) is secured. Use styrofoam and bubble wrap over the turntable.

5: Always ship with a "fragile" sticker, especially a rare turntable like the Beogram 6000 quad!

Did all of these with my Beogram 7000. Guess what? The inside was completely damaged. How you gonna protect that? Not sure though if item 5 is wise to do! Very tempting for some couriers to do it the other way!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-12-2011 6:59 PM In reply to

thanks for the advice give a whirl an cross my fingers taking it by car so hopefully, road humps allowing....

Andrew

• 10-13-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

apetley:
    thanks for the advice give a whirl an cross my fingers taking it by car so hopefully, road humps allowing....

No problem then! Most of the work is to package it up for post or courier services so it can be thrown around every which way...

As said, remove platter (and subplatter / bearing), tighten the transport screws, ensure the stylus is safe and support the arm somehow and you'll be fine. Just make sure the entire deck won't fall of the seat when you do an emergency brake or something. I would also tape/tie down the frame (to keep the aluminum panels in place) and the dust lid so it won't bounce.

You might find this thread helpful if you haven't removed / installed the platter earlier.

-mika

• 10-13-2011 6:49 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Leslie:

Søren Hammer:

Not sure though if item 5 is wise to do! Very tempting for some couriers to do it the other way!

Actually there is a very good reason to put that sticker on - if a claim were to be made the courier company might try to find every which way to get out of paying out, and the lack of a fragile sticker might be just what they are looking for!

I generally find most companies are very good and the only times I ever recieve damaged items are when the packing has not been good enough!

Olly.

• 10-13-2011 6:57 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

The easiest way to tighten the transit screws, and especially as you are removing the panels to get the platter off, is to simply turn the screws from above! Make sure you don't turn the locking screw anchoring the suspension leaf !! you are looking for 3 slotted headless srews that protrude from the suspension clamps - If you are not 100% sure a quick glance below deck at front for the lower lock screw and you will find the other end on top :)
    Oh and always use a snug fitting flat blade screw-driver I have seen one or two chipped heads from people using either over or under-sized screw drivers, either that or they have just been too heavy handed!

apetley:

many thanks for that, when you say under do you mean beneath the whole thing or under the platter?

Olly.

• 10-13-2011 8:43 AM In reply to

Step1:

Actually there is a very good reason to put that sticker on - if a claim were to be made the courier company might try to find every which way to get out of paying out, and the lack of a fragile sticker might be just what they are looking for!

Your're right Olly, never thought about that! But I always put fragile/this way up stickers on the box!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)