in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-12-2011 3:47 AM by Seanie_230. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2011 4:20 AM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Help With Lighting Ideas

Hello All I have a ilight lighting system that works off the beo4 when i press cinema my lintronic -238 sends a macro to the lights to dim for watching a film the trouble i have is that the room behind the light is a normal switch and does not dim now between the two rooms is an opening but the light switch in the next room is behind the wall (old victorian house) i was thinking of buying a Rania from sounds hevenly as this can replace the existing light switch. few questions on that. Does the Rania just replace a UK switch no external power supply needed? Can i reprogram the Rania so the i can use light yellow for off etc? how can i get the IR signal from the lintronic to the Rania without having to put a nasty IR adapter on the front of the switch?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-11-2011 8:16 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Re: Help With Lighting Ideas

Seanie_230:
    Hello All I have a ilight lighting system that works off the beo4 when i press cinema my lintronic -238 sends a macro to the lights to dim for watching a film the trouble i have is that the room behind the light is a normal switch and does not dim now between the two rooms is an opening but the light switch in the next room is behind the wall (old victorian house) i was thinking of buying a Rania from sounds hevenly as this can replace the existing light switch. few questions on that. Does the Rania just replace a UK switch no external power supply needed? Can i reprogram the Rania so the i can use light yellow for off etc? how can i get the IR signal from the lintronic to the Rania without having to put a nasty IR adapter on the front of the switch?

Have you thought of maybe a couple of Rako zones?

http://www.onidserv.com/rako/product/60/rako-wireless-lighting-ravirbeo-bang-olufsen-beo-ir-interface/lang/en

In your cinema room it could receive the IR then the rako unit will use RF to the other rako components, just a thought?

• 10-11-2011 8:27 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Seanie_230:
    Does the Rania just replace a UK switch no external power supply needed?
    Yes you just remove your existing light switch and join the rania to the existing wiring. It works no problem with a beo4  (LIGHT) or a beo 5 if you get it put on by your dealer.

Using the coloured (green tellow red blue) you have preset levels of light. Using the scroll up/down you can turn the lights on and off or find a level of light you want.

I have two in seperate rooms and I like them. They are a better product than the LC2

• 10-12-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi all thanks for your replies. I have been doing some reading and i see that my lintronic will allow me to add a low power emmiter to the system and with a 10 meter extension cable i could then get signals to the 2nd room light switch. 2 questions i have are: is there enough room inside the rania for me to leave the small emmiter before the cover goes on? (same size as B&o IR puc cable) and 2) does anyone know if the beolink eye can be connected next to the -238 and we used as an external sender?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)