in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2011 9:11 PM by XTHX. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 11:11 PM

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

bv5 brightness change?

Hey guys i am new to the forum. I just purchased a used very clean bv5 mk2 from 2005. I really love the tv but one thing that really bugs me is a constant brightness/contrass change depending on the picture. In scences of a movie where the image is a lighter color or brighter scence the TV seems to increase the brightness or change the contrast.it is especially noticable at night becuase the change makes the screen almost flash.  Is this supposed to happen? and if so is there a way to disable it at all. Thanks guys!!!

Filed under:
  • 10-08-2011 6:59 PM In reply to

Re: bv5 brightness change?

Hi there,

I have a BV5 (from 2003) and I've never experienced what you are describing - at least I've never noticed anything like that.Hmm

What setting levels for brightness, contrast etc. have you got stored...? 

I apologize for this not being a very useful response, but theres many people on here that are far, far more knowledgeable than me regarding the technicals, so I hope some can come up with a proper reason/remedy to what you are getting there.

Regards,

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 10-08-2011 10:26 PM In reply to

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the response! i have tried every adjustment possible to see if various settings actually made a difference for this problem. It seems that it might not be normal if you have not experienced this at all. kind of a bummer as any idea of what could be wring might be able to help me narrow down what would fix it. Thanks again and if anyone knows about that problem it would help me out alot! 

• 10-09-2011 6:33 AM In reply to

Hi, you're not using a DVD 1 to watch films are you? If you are then it's a setting in the DVD 1 menu, i think it's called 'Black level shift' set this to off. It's very noticeable on a BV5z

Regards,

Cal
  • 10-09-2011 7:15 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

XTHX:

Hey guys i am new to the forum. I just purchased a used very clean bv5 mk2 from 2005. I really love the tv but one thing that really bugs me is a constant brightness/contrass change depending on the picture. In scences of a movie where the image is a lighter color or brighter scence the TV seems to increase the brightness or change the contrast.it is especially noticable at night becuase the change makes the screen almost flash.  Is this supposed to happen? and if so is there a way to disable it at all. Thanks guys!!!

I know little or nothing about this particular model, but I am assuming it has the feature common to a lot of B&O TVs whereby a sensor lightens or darkens the screen as it monitors the ambient lighting to make viewing better in particuar conditions. Could it be something to do with this? Faulty sensor or its detecting changes in the surrounding lighting? 

To elliminate this as a possible cause, it might be an idea to find the sensor and cover it up and see what happens then.   

• 10-09-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Thanks again for the suggestions guys. I have tried covering the sensor, no differences so that is not the problem. I also have used multiple inputs and different sources that all seem to have this feature/problem. This seems to be not so common. 

• 10-23-2011 2:25 AM In reply to

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Still no solution, this has been frustrating. I am suprised that no one else has experienced this with the Beovision 5. It really seems as if it is a setting that can be changed to stop the brightness levels from switching. Anyone?? I feel useless haha 

• 10-24-2011 12:05 PM In reply to

What is plugged into the BV5 when you are watching movies? Is it a DVD 1? Apple TV? Set Top Box?

• 10-25-2011 12:59 AM In reply to

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Callen, i use a xbox and ps3 through the component input - RGB. Unfortunately i am able to replicate the problem no matter what the source is. I can cause changes to happen whenever i put a bright image or a mostly white image. This means that if i creep through a particular scene in a movie frame by frame i can actually see the brightness/contrast on the TV change when i get to a frame that is bright enough to trigger it. This seems really bizzare to me.... and thanks for responding!

• 10-25-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

I have experienced this before when I used a DVD1.

Have turned off 'movie mode' on the TV. I don't know whether movie mode actually makes a difference to the brightness/contrast but it might be worth trying it?

Regards

• 10-25-2011 9:11 PM In reply to

• XTHX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

Thanks again for the response Callen. I have tried just about every setting back and forth. The film mode setting does not seem to affect it. It is interesting to me that you have experienced it with the dvd1. This problem is also present in all of the inputs availibe on the BV5. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)