in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2011 6:16 AM by olvisab. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2011 3:05 PM

can't select "pc" with my Beo4

Hello everybody

I would like to select the DVI input of a bv6-22 with my Beo4 and I didn't see the "pc" option when I push "list" several time.

Is there another way to access to the DVI input through a menu on the tv or any button on the beo4?

THis is a basic bv6-22.

Thanks

Best regards

oLivier

• 10-05-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: can't select "pc" with my Beo4

Perhaps your Beo4 is downlevel and could do with an upgrade.

When you associate the DVI port to an AV source in the BV6's configuration menus, see what other selection options you have: for example is DVD an option? 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-05-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

THanks elephant for your prompt answer.

I don't have the tv actually, I just intend to test it before buying it and I need to test the "dvi" socket with my pc.

Will it be possible to associate the dvi to the av button of my beo4?

Thanks in advance for your help

• 10-06-2011 3:12 AM In reply to

Hi, I re-read your original post and I would like to clarify things.

Firstly, how B&O TVs have AV ports that you associate with the type of equipment attached.  For example a SCART to a set top box or a VCR.  This is accomplished by using the connections menu.  So for example, you use the connections menu on the TV to indicate the DVI AV port is connected to a PC.

Secondly, for non-standard associations you need to add a soft-key (accessed via [LIST], [LIST] as you did) to the Beo4.  It may be that your Beo4 does not yet have [PC] defined to its list of soft-keys.  To add a new soft-key simultaneously press [LIST] and the stand-by button, the red/orange dot [O].  You should then see "ADD?" on your Beo4's display, press (GO), then press [LIST], [LIST] until you see "PC", then press (GO).  

Finally, now you have [PC] defined so that when it is pressed the TV activates the AV port (in this case the DVI) associated with the [PC] command.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-06-2011 3:48 AM In reply to

Hello Elephant

Thanks for these explanation.

I tried to add PC on the beo4 and I don't have this option ( cd2, cdv, camcord, doorcam, vtape, atape; p-v aux).

Can I associate camcord to the DVI port of the bv6 wth the connection menu and use this "camcord" button for selecting it ?

I hope it is simple like this.

I didn't know this way to modify a beo4.Great, thanks again.

Best regards

OLivier

• 10-06-2011 6:11 AM In reply to

Hello OLivier,

you have an old Beo4 with AV button, PC is not available on this Beo4.

On newer Beo4 (and also on newer Beovisions) some source names have changed (old Beo4 - new Beo4):

CDV - DVD

V.TAPE2 - DVD2

DOORCAM - V.AUX2

V.AUX - DTV2

SAT - DTV

So p.e. if you assign an AV port of your beovision to V.AUX2 you have to use DOORCAM (with LIST) on your Beo4.

BTW: You cant't assign an AV port to CAMERA (CAMCORD). This command works only with a source connected to the CAMERA socket (3 cinch) of your beovision.

Regards

Räuber
  • 10-06-2011 6:39 AM In reply to

When you say AV ports does this include the DVI port ?

If this is the case, according to what you say, I could use the doorcam or sat or v.aux ?

Thanks

Best regards

Olivier

• 10-06-2011 7:14 AM In reply to

olvisab:

If this is the case, according to what you say, I could use the doorcam or sat or v.aux ?

Thanks

Best regards

Olivier

Yes, of course.

• 10-06-2011 7:21 AM In reply to

So, you solve my poblem.

Thanks for all these precision.

I am sure it will be helpfull for anyone who wants to modify their beo4.

Have a nice day

Best regards

oLivier

• 10-06-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

Raeuber:

olvisab:

Thanks

Best regards

Olivier

Yes, of course.

Raeuber, I am not so sure this is the case on the BeoVision 6. On my BeoVision 5 (HD) it isn't a problem however the BeoVision 6 does not have the same options in the menu. I attach a photo of the setup choices on both the 6 and 5.

I may be doing something wrong but I'm fairly certain that on the BeoVision 6 the 'PC' mode is dedicated to the 'PC' button on the remote and cannot be reassigned.

• 10-06-2011 11:55 AM In reply to

Hi Callen,

I took a look into the manual of BV 6: A HDMI port can assigned to every source name, so I assumed it's the same with the DVI port. Probably you are right and the DVI port can only be assigned to "PC", but probably a software update is available. If not, there is no way to select the DVI port with the older Beo4.

/Räuber
  • 10-06-2011 12:12 PM In reply to

A beovision 6-22 doesn't have HDMI port, only DVI.

It's incredible that this tv needs only one kind of remote, that's completely stupid.

I am afraid that you are right.

Thanks for this brain storming.

Olivier

• 10-06-2011 2:35 PM In reply to

Craig,

When you access to the main menu of the beovision, there is no way to select the DVI input by just selecting DVI in a list of input (like on any other TV) and press OK.And that's done.

I just need to switch to the dvi input.I don't care if I cannot use one button on a remote.

I just need to test the TV I intend to buy.

Please, let me know.

Thanks

• 10-06-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

With the software I have I'm afraid there is no way to select dvi (other than selecting pc on the remote).

All other inputs can be assigned.

• 10-06-2011 6:18 PM In reply to

Software or not.That's a shame.

This is a really basic functionality.

Thanks again for your precious help :)

I intended to buy 2 of them, I give up.I don't want to spend my time finding the GOOD beo4.

• 10-07-2011 3:26 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

I think you are being a little "unfair".

The Beo 4 is around since 1994!

How could they know that people will be using their TVs as PC Monitors???

Beovision 6-22 was introduced in 2003...

And buying the right beo 4 (ebay?) is not a big deal. Really.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 10-07-2011 4:01 AM In reply to

Ralf,

Open a list of input and select a line with an arrow (up and down) with ok button, doesn't require any advance technology.Every manufacturer has done this since the "menu" function exist on a tv.

I use a beolink 1000 with my beosound 4 and I can select my sd card.

This is really stupid.

• 10-07-2011 6:16 AM In reply to

I called b&o and they told me that it could be programmed on my beo4 (just combination of button to add this option).

They recycle IR code, that's why I am able to use my A.MEM beosound 4 functionality with my old a.tape button from my beolink 1000.

Best regards

oLivier

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)