in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2011 10:21 AM by Stephan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2011 7:38 AM

Should I buy a Beo6 to perform the following?

Have lived many years with a Beo4, using it to command B&O audio & video products as well as third party stuff over the PUC.

Now I have started to think that things gets complicated. E.g. to get to Swedish channel 1 in HD, we have to press channel 66. For channel 2 in HD we have to press 86 to set our Humax HD PVR to the right channel. Also, when commanding the HD PVR, I have to remember a  lot of "GO" "4" typ of commands. I have no real problems with just that, but my missus has .. Indifferent

So, is anything like this possible on the Beo6:

• Press an icon for "SVT 1" and the Cable box goes to e.g channel 66 (i would guess so)
    • Press a "softbutton" that says e.g. "Library" and the command "GO" "4" is sent to the HD PVR, showing what is in the record library.
    • Press a "softbutton" that says e.g. "Apple TV" and the TV switch to "V AUX" and the Apple TV is powered on.

Thanks!

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 10-05-2011 7:49 AM In reply to

Re: Should I buy a Beo6 to perform the following?

Regarding Apple TV, on my Beo 5 I have a soft button that says Apple TV. I then also have soft buttons for the following functions....Play, Pause, Stop, Rewind, Fast Forward, Previous, Next Track, Skip Back and Skip Forward.

All control is through the PUC, not direct control. I have set the PUC to another device then used the Apple TV's remote learning capabilities to learn those commands.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-05-2011 9:50 AM In reply to

hi i have a beo5 and i live in spain, so i have app for spanish tv which turns on tv then i press 1 to 6 for which ever channel. being english i have sky tv which is sattelite have app sky tv also apps for sky hd sky sport sky movies and programme guide.

so press appfor spanish tv and appropiatechannel number, if i want sky press sky and whichever app is wanted. so reckon beo 6 will do even better

• 10-05-2011 10:21 AM In reply to

Don't buy the Beo6.... you will use it for some time and get back to the Beo4 again... I promise!

I bought my Beo6 with the Encore 2 months ago and have used it 3 times in total... guess if they ever release the Wifi update to anable 2-way communication the remote makes more sense (to me...)

I will sell my Beo6 via ebay this weekend...

Best

Stephan ( who is really disappointed of the beo6 :-) )

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)