in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2011 9:59 AM by chartz. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2011 4:52 PM

MX 4000 Standby light will not display anymore

Hello

Can anyone assist me with what has happened to the above T.V. in respect of the standby light? It won't display itself anymore. The only other symptom is that there is a faint clicking noise when power to the T.V. has been swiched on? Please help :(

• 10-03-2011 2:36 AM In reply to

Re: MX 4000 Standby light will not display anymore

Hi, start with measuring the HT transistor (BU2508DF) for shortcut, if so: this is likely caused by bad solderings at the capacitors (connected to the C of the HT transistor) C101 / C102.

Of course i assume you're confident enough with electronics to work inside the tv yourself.

It's usually a small repair with these tv sets, unfortunately the value of a working one is the price of a good pizza so paying a repairguy might not be worth it....

Cheers..

• 10-03-2011 2:47 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Hi,

For me—faint clicking noise—it was a bad main PSU HT capacitor. A new Panasonic one solved the problem.

Jacques

• 10-03-2011 3:20 AM In reply to

Hi ipaul I cannot fix T.V's its not my speciality. I merely decided to use this forum for answers on the above, for which I have two so far.

Would you or anyone you know be able to assist me with what you have described above? Do let me know and I would happily exchange details with you to arrange for some assistance.  Chees Eric

• 10-03-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

Hi Jaques,

I am open to assistance with the above diagnosis. Would you or anyone you know be able to assist me with this fault remedy you suggest above. I am not technically advanced enough to carry out this repair myself, and was merely requesting some technical knowledge from experienced users of this equipment such as yourself? If so, I would gladly exchange contact details with you as soon as possible. Eric

• 10-04-2011 5:54 AM In reply to

Hi Eric, my guess is you're based somewhere in the UK (and i'm in central NL), but maybe if you post your location here someone closer to you can help ?

• 10-05-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Hmmm. If you have no experience in repairing electronics, just have someone do it for you.

The failure should be simple to fix for a TV repairman, and the necessary parts are cheap as chips. Basically, you will pay for the time spent (I'd say less than an hour).

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)