in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2011 5:06 PM by Leslie. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2011 9:45 AM

B&O @ home | Self portrait...

My self portrait through my house:

I've a little sweet loft on two floors, in Rome. The forntiures are from some of my most loved designers: Eero Aarnio white & red ball chair, the Sarinen Tulip white table, the chairs are the Lous Ghost by Starck/Kartel, a Bookcase by Breuer & another very simple by IKEA. the pink couch is by EDRA and the chandelier by Ingo Maurer. A kitchen made ​​of steel.

A lot rare & limited edition art books.

a couple of amazing Beloab 8000 and the '900 masterpiece: the beosound 3000

A Beovision 1 and a Beocom 2 (but I don't use it, only the mobile!).

A lot of Apple stuff and several framed prints and paintigs on the floor: I love Shepard Fairey

A lot of paintings made by myself... fashion magazine

A white parquet and a little garden, a ton of toys of my 1 years and half kid, and a great wardrobe for another ton of clothes by Comme Des Garcons.

So, what about you?! :)

• 10-01-2011 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: B&O @ home | Self portrait...

here an image, 8 years ago... when it was empty!

• 10-01-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

• Jeff
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • USA
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Wonderful space! Love the stairs, so airy. Perfect kind of room for B&O style.
  • 10-01-2011 11:53 PM In reply to

Our home was built in 1879; and at that time consisted of a front verandah, two front rooms built on solid foundations with brick walls, two rear rooms built of wooden walls on wood posts, a rear verandah and two outhouse wooden rooms - we think they were the laundry and probably bathroom etc.

Since then it has had a moden brick room attached to the same side as the outhouse rooms thus creating a little courtyard between them.

And we renovated/extended the back over 20 years ago by replacing the rear verandah with a modern kitchen and bathrooms. Our master bedroom is what was the original outhouse rooms Laughing

We are currently renovating the second bathroom, but decided not to put speakers into it Sad

B&O wise we have a way to go.

The front sitting room has the Beosound 4 and Beolab 6000s master linked to the family room which has the Beovision 8 and the Beolab 3s and Beolab 11, and the LinkPlayer media centre, and the Beolink Wireless master transmitter.  The master bedroom has the Beolink Wireless receiver and Beolab 4s.

I have another Beolink Wireless reciver and pair of Beolab 4s but they tend to move from spare bedroom to spare bedroom.

One spare bedroom contains my wife's hobby - anyone married to a fabric selector knows that they have a virus worse that the Beovirus, and worse still it consumes more living space than any B&O does !

My Beomuseum is in our master bedroom (see! I get a corner, she gets a whole spre room Laughing) and contains 2 x Beosystem 5000 (master, gram (1 only), CD50, cord), (the third Beosystem 5000 is on loan to my son), a multitude of speakers, several odd beograms, our original Beosystem 1500 (a combined gram and amplifier), and two other Beosystems from the 70s or early 80s.

I must admit I have the urge to declutter and will probably one day eBay my Beomuseum with all its bits and pieces (e.g. MCL boxes, cables, aerials).

No picture as lovely as the OP's.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 2:36 AM In reply to

2008 we bought our house here in Mexico city, build 1960 some, from 2003 until we bought it it was a kindergarden, we tore down the inside to bare brick and concrete, then plastered walls and cielings, put in new inner doors, new windows and fake wood floors, new kittchen and 2.5 new bathrooms new pipes and renewed and expanded the EL instalations. All done by 5 workers, my wife and me within 3 month.

Its a 2 story house, downstairs big kittchen, living room, dining room, bathroom and entrance wirh stairs to second floor.

Living room: BL 8000 front. BL 4000 center, No name surround, 42" flat screen, Bluray, music computer, BG 5000 all to and from Onkyo 708

Dining room: BM 2400, BG 2404, S45s

Upstairs is 4 bedrooms and 2 big bathrooms, 1 bedroom used as a walkin wardrobe, 1 as office, 1 main bedroom, and my sons room, but he left for university in DK, so that was converted to my EL workshop: Beosound 3000, BL 4000s, working, and in repair BM 901, BM 4000, BV 3702, and still waiting to get my BV 3000 flat panel down from McAllen TX, the 901 will go to the office with S45s, the BM 4000 will wait for a BG 4000 and speakers and go to the dining room, the speakers will be cirkulating until I'm happy and the fabric collector stops protesting.Laughing

Still a lot to do on the house, but its a nice place to be and relax.

Ah I forgot, in the kittchen we have a BOOSE SOUNDDOCKDevil

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 10-02-2011 2:41 AM In reply to

Lots of home interiors already shown in the Flash your B&O thread!Cool

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-02-2011 4:12 AM In reply to

Leslie:

Lots of home interiors already shown in the Flash your B&O thread!Cool

True ... but not always with a biography ... or do I mean housography ?

Anyway, what is your story Leslie ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 5:45 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

We live in a 5 bedroom town house(estate agent for terrace) in a town of roman origins just south of Hadrians wall. You walk through our hallway into a large kitchen dinner, with some wall and shelf space just looking for a wireless B&O speaker and B&O budget TVWhistle You walk through some large double doors into our large sqaure shaped living room. A 7-40 Mk3 in the top left corner joined by a Beolab 2 and a Beolab 8000. Top right corner another 8000 and the rear of the room 6000's. 2 large 3 seat sofas that my wife has put me in charge of keeping poofed up!

Upstairs 4 bedrooms, 1 of which has a 27 inch Imac with a pair of Form 2's in white and a Bose Companion 2 system. Top of house is the master bedroom which has a Sharp 40 inch LED tv and a PS3, oh and a bed! Awaiting some new products to ditch the Sharp, which is only OK. Beotime maybe aswell as work are not keen on my late arrival(dreadfull excuse)

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-02-2011 9:02 AM In reply to

elephant:

Anyway, what is your story Leslie ?

My story 1? This thread started with interiors, so I thought same thing as in Flash your B&O?

My story 2? I own a small house with a 35m2 living room with enough B&O to make my wife angrySuper Angry, 3 (bed)rooms from which 1 is loaded with B&O stuff, and a backyard with a small gardenhouse where I do my restorations, . This time no pictures since my house is private. In another thread I already showed you a peek of my gardenSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-02-2011 12:06 PM In reply to

Leslie:
    a small gardenhouse where I do my restorations

In America (or maybe elsewhere) I have seen people talk about their "man caves" ... but Australians believe every man should have his shed (gardenhouse) where he can quietly contemplate the universe while being away from angry wives ... hmmm that is bad grammar, makes it seem the man has more than one wife ... no wonder he needs a shed Laughing

• 10-02-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Elephant, wait until you see Greece in summer! That's worst of any kind with such heat. You cannot imagine how we are looking for a shed. But also if a Greek wife is angry! Forget it. Nothing makes you survive! As for my story, it's toooooooooooooo long to describe! @Leslie, indeed you Garden is excellent!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-02-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

Spiros:
    Elephant, wait until you see Greece in summer! That's worst of any kind with such heat. You cannot imagine how we are looking for a shed. But also if a Greek wife is angry! Forget it. Nothing makes you survive! As for my story, it's toooooooooooooo long to describe! @Leslie, indeed you Garden is excellent!!

Australian summers also hit 40C+ but usually not for weeks like you can get -- we don't get people dying from heat exhaustion.

What is that Greek saying again ?

Happy wife, Happy life

Laughing

• 10-02-2011 5:06 PM In reply to

elephant:

Australian summers also hit 40C+ but usually not for weeks like you can get -- we don't get people dying from heat exhaustion.

I've been in Kuwait last time, 51C, really really hot!DrinksDrinks

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)