in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2011 10:54 PM by andrew. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2011 10:54 PM

• andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

bv7-40 connection problem

Hi,

I have replaced my BC1 with BV7-40.

BV7-40 => (AP SW 10.05a) (10P SW 23.00a)

HDR1 => connected to DVD recorder. connected to BV7-40 AV1. not yet upgraded with a chip, so HDR1 has no control of DVD recorder.

DTV (ie. STB which is called NOW TV) => connected to BV7-40 AV3. source = DTV. auto selection = yes. control = IR. standby = off at source change.

All the connections are non-HDMI.

Problems:-

1. When TV is on/off several times, the STB then automatically powers on. Even though I have not pressed the DTV button once.

2. When timer recording the STB programmes in HDR1, the HDR1 powers on but the STB stays idle. Hence recorded content becomes all blackout during the entire recording. I also notice that red record light in the HDR1 does not blink but stay on the entire time.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

p.s. I have a sneaky way to get around this. Before any actual recording starts, I programmed a dummy one a few minutes beforehand to kind of power on the STB first. Because I notice that when that dummy recordings end, the HDR1 power off but the STB power on. Actually the above problems never happens with my old BC1. My dealer has no clue but they only suggest I have the STB upgraded to HD with HDMI connections. But I am not sure this solves the problems.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)