in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2011 6:53 PM by Jonathan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2011 9:22 AM

Can't believe the prices.

On these.

LINK to S45 stands

And this, £120 and its broken!!

LINK to (Partial) MCP6500

* EDITED by Medogsfat to include direct links to these rubbishy items*

• 09-30-2011 9:40 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Re: Can't believe the prices.

I'd pay that much for M70 trumpet stands.

A complete, working (except for no cartridge on the turntable), cosmetically nice 6500 system with MCP plus 2 other remotes was listed on Orlando's CraigsList for $450 this past week.  Um, correct me if I'm wrong but that was a steal.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 09-30-2011 10:25 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

beaker:

On these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-O-BANG-AND-OLUFSEN-S45-55-SPEAKER-STANDS-REF642-/220865694046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item336c9f095e

And this, £120 and its broken!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-O-BANG-AND-OLUFSEN-6500-MCP-MASTER-CONTROL-PANEL-/260825810757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cba6e0745

I've given up with this seller & his sky high prices. Seems to look at the going rate & double the price. He does persist & sell these things eventually to people who don't know any better - or at least cannot wait for a week until another one comes along in which case they deserve to be ripped off.

Take a look at the S120 stands for £130 & the RL stands for a bargain £140 :- the mind boggles.

It would be fine if his items were mint or even properly refurbished (ask him how he does his speaker refoaming and he'll tell you they came to him like this so he cannot vouch for the methods used - PAH!). His use of the "refurbished item" tag hence does rather grate with me along with the often used "rare" item tag but he isn't alone there as a seller. 

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-30-2011 11:34 AM In reply to

I'm interested in this seller. Who is it? Does he come on this forum?

Is he reputable? He seems to sell alot of B&O stuff...

• 09-30-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Llewelyn:

I'm interested in this seller. Not sure why - very overpriced

Who is it? Follow the link by the OP 

Does he come on this forum? Occasionally, generally to promote his sales but not really a contributing member

Is he reputable? Dunno - try looking at his feedback rating, I wouldn't personally buy any of his goods as when you ask searching questions his answers come up very short, up to the point where he cannot answer any more so... he doesn't...

He seems to sell alot of B&O stuff... He does doesn't he? so fair play to him for his persistance with his relistings which always seem to find a buyer (although his stone effect CX50's seem to be struggling - I HATE those with a vengeance)

Having said all that HERE'S another really overpriced listing ..... absolutely ridiculous... another case of the decimal point being in the wrong place. Read the description & you'll see they aren't actually mint at all & have marks underneath where they have been connected/screwed? to stands & I'm sure I'm not seeing things with the mark on top of one of them.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-30-2011 7:06 PM In reply to

I enjoy seeing older products commanding high prices (aka rising ij popularity again), although I disagree with the misleading descriptions some of these sellers seem to get carried away writing!

I have a nice pair of white series 3702's which I would happily accept 1/4 of that price for!

• 10-04-2011 6:53 PM In reply to

I would never buy from him again.

I bought a 9500 CD mechanism from him that was sold to me in perfect working condition. It was installed in an otherwise perfect  9500 and guess what? It didn't work! I made contact with him and never got aresponse

surprise surprise

avoid at all costs!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)