in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2011 6:21 AM by Daniel. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2011 9:12 AM

Boeworld 9000 cutting out

Good afternoon folks,

I am a new member and this is my first post so please be understanding if I transgress any protocol.

My problem is this:- After many years of pining I have finally achieved my hearts desire; I took delivery last week, from a reputable second hand dealer, a Beolab 9000 (Mk3) teamed with two Beolab 8000 (mk 2); however, I find that after each disc starts to play for a few seconds it cuts out for approx 1.5 secs and then resumes after a sharp static crack. This happens two to three times within the first minute or so of each disc.  It does not repeat for the remander of the disc.

I checked the obvious; dust on the discs, poor power lead connections, loose leads etc and am at a loss for an answer.  Before I go back to the dealer and give them a hard time does the forum have any answers or suggestions.

Thanking you all in anticipation

David

• 09-30-2011 9:32 AM In reply to

Re: Boeworld 9000 cutting out

Welcome to the Beoworld Forum!

I assume you refer to a Beosound 9000. If you have done the checks you have described, it could be the laser having problems. It´s just a guess from my side.

My fellow beoworlders may have more educated guesses.

/C 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 09-30-2011 9:44 AM In reply to

Hi David, 

Welcome to Beoworld! I do not think that there are many rules and regulations here at Beoworld, it is only the usual neatness which is held high at this very place. Sometimes english is not the first language of the author -as for me- and therefore some word might be missleading but keeping that in mind life at Beoworld is a great fun.

Coming to your problem, I assume you are talking about a BeoSound 9000 and not a BeoLab 9000. Moreover I assume you have placed the BeoSound as it is adjusted horizontal or vertical. If that is the case and different CDs in each of the 6 drives stop at the same time I guess that there is something wrong with the CD-Reader and there might not be another solution but going back to the dealer.

But I am not the 100% technical guy so someone else in the forum might have another clue.

Best Regards, 

Lars

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 09-30-2011 10:10 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 9000 cutting out

Thanks for this Lars

Yes the value of proof reading a post before hitting the send button is amply demonstrated here.  It is a Beosound 9000 and not some South African theme park.

David

• 10-01-2011 6:21 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Larskoelle:

Hi David, 

Welcome to Beoworld! I do not think that there are many rules and regulations here at Beoworld, it is only the usual neatness which is held high at this very place. Sometimes english is not the first language of the author -as for me- and therefore some word might be missleading but keeping that in mind life at Beoworld is a great fun.

Coming to your problem, I assume you are talking about a BeoSound 9000 and not a BeoLab 9000. Moreover I assume you have placed the BeoSound as it is adjusted horizontal or vertical. If that is the case and different CDs in each of the 6 drives stop at the same time I guess that there is something wrong with the CD-Reader and there might not be another solution but going back to the dealer.

But I am not the 100% technical guy so someone else in the forum might have another clue.

Best Regards, 

Lars

I'm with Lars, check the two arrows on the back for positioning the CD mech. If they are correct then it sounds like a faulty CD mech. Just changed mine, it costed about 250 €. Welcome to BeoWorld!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)