in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 5:12 PM by Opman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2011 3:17 PM

Putting BV7-40 on stand-by

Can anyone help me with this rather odd problem.   When it comes to turning my BV7-40 off I just press the stand-by button on the remote, as opposed to un-plugging at the mains.   In the bottom right corner of the screen a little red light appears.

Now this is the odd thing  -  sometimes the red stand-by light stays visible for one minute, sometimes for one week.

Has anyone else noticed this or know why this should be happening?     I would have thought that once the TV is in stand-by mode, then the red light should stay on all the while the TV is in that mode.  Mine is just doing what it wants  -  like I say sometimes it stays on for just a few seconds and then disappears.

• 09-26-2011 5:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Putting BV7-40 on stand-by

Angel22:

Has anyone else noticed this or know why this should be happening?     I would have thought that once the TV is in stand-by mode, then the red light should stay on all the while the TV is in that mode.  Mine is just doing what it wants  -  like I say sometimes it stays on for just a few seconds and then disappears.

Yes, that shouldn't happen. Mine stays on all the time whilst the TV is on standby. It only goes off if you switch the TV off at the mains.

• 09-26-2011 6:07 AM In reply to

It is most strange in the way that the red stand-by light is acting.

So, just to confirm what procedure you go through when switching off,   -   you don't un-plug at the mains, you just press the bottom right button on the remote, the 'curtains' on the tv close and a red light appears in the bottom right corner of the tv screen.   If you did not turn your tv on for say 2 weeks, would the red light in the bottom right corner just stay on continuoulsy 24/7.

Then, when you come to wanting to turn the tv on, you press the DTV button on your remote?

Do you ever un-plug at mains?

• 09-26-2011 6:36 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Can you give details of which version of the BeoVision7 40 you have? A type number and which Freeview module you have (if any) would assist in making suggestions.

I have come across problems with more recent software versions when the TV is switched to stand by, the DVB module takes a while to switch off.

It's possible your issue may be solved with a software update.

Opman

• 09-26-2011 8:45 AM In reply to

We bought it brand new  -  less than 6 months ago.

Type 9644

The problem seems to be intermittent.  About 30 mins. ago I switched the TV on, watched it for about 15 mins. then pressed the button on the remote to put the TV into stand-by mode.  The 'curtains' closed and immediately the red stand-by light came on and it is still on  -  as it should be.  

The question is though, why doesn't it act in this manner every single time.  Sometimes we see the stand-by light, sometimes it never comes on.

• 09-26-2011 5:12 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

If your set is 6 months old, you may want to update the software for your DVB module. This can be downloaded from the main Bang & Olufsen website to a USB pen drive. All instructions are included.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/dvb-hd/software-downloads

If the set was bought new, it will be under warranty so if you don't feel confident to tackle this, contact your local dealer.

Regards

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)