in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 6:00 AM by Kokomo. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2011 3:45 PM

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

please suggest best LCD TV 40"+ for my BeoSystem 3 set up

hi there !

can you please suggest best LCD TV  40"+   to set with  my BeoSystem 3 .

B&O TVs are quite expensive and have not got etherner capabilities.

any ideas ??

thank you,

Vladimir

Filed under: ,
  • 09-24-2011 4:02 PM In reply to

Re: please suggest best LCD TV 40"+ for my BeoSystem 3 set up

Hi Petja,

I'd wait until early next year for maybe  the BV11 which is more in keeping with the real world pricing wise plus theres that new cheap brand that B&O are launching so maybe there may be one there. Also there are rumours of an Apple Tv which im quite sure will be the best television ever judging by everything else they have ever produced!

Failing that, I think the latest Samsung LED LCD's are incredible picture wise...

Hope that helps

• 09-24-2011 6:26 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Panasonic is a popular match due to the fact that B&O used panels made by Panasonic. More specifically the 'TH' professional series.

I know that they aren't LCD but I think plasma still produces a great picture. Paired with a BeoSystem 3, I'm sure they will produce amazing results. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Beo-based control can be had with the RS 232 equipment.

Evan

• 09-25-2011 2:02 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I have just bought a Sony HX television which I partner with some B&O speakers and now a thunderbolt mac mini which today i'm converting all my dvds and storing them on a NAS to stream around the house.  

Everyones opinion on televsions is so subjective.  As Paul mentioned there is a rumoured other B&O televsion, but there is also the Beovision 8. If these are pricey options, or perhaps just dont have the features you want (IPTV, streaming functions, skype, or whatever), the best thing is to buy on the features you will use and need.  

I looked at the BV10 last year, but it didn't have enough in built HDMI ports, so for me, this was the killer.  

But really, go down to your local AV store and see which is the best model you will enjoy the features and picture quality of.  In a dark room, at the end of the day, you don't see how the TV looks, you need to enjoy the picture quality.  

• 09-26-2011 5:16 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

I would recommend BeoVision 7-40 with-out integrated Blu-Ray and BeoLab 7 speaker. It's 1000 euros LESS! than BeoSystem 3 and you will get a great 40" LCD with BeoSystem 3 built-in.

Then just add-in your favourite ethernet enabled Blu-Ray player and you are all set.

How would any kikinoko tv be a better choice?

• 09-26-2011 6:00 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

petja:

hi there !

can you please suggest best LCD TV  40"+   to set with  my BeoSystem 3 .

B&O TVs are quite expensive and have not got etherner capabilities.

any ideas ??

thank you,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir, your question is a bit like asking "What is the best 2 litre car". You'll get a miriad of opinions and suggestions.

Do an online search of reviews. Check that the 'best' of these reviews have what you want in terms of connectivity, appearance etc, then visit dealerships who have your shortlisted models on view.

Assess the picture/sound quality on a variety of inputs and not just the usual HD DVD's which most dealerships use to display their models.

If you normally watch terrestrial or satellite TV then ensure you view the sets showing this type of input as well as other(s). 

Take the remote control in your hand, not the sale person's, and operate the TV for a few minutes. How easy is it to use? How does it feel? Is it just a jumble of buttons?

Make your choice, check the prices, then buy!      

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)