in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-25-2011 2:58 AM by Roger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2011 1:38 PM

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Speaker setup with projector

Hi,

In a setup with a 7-55 and a projetor screen placed on different walls (90 deg), the speaker setup is pretty straight forward. The challenge is that I have placed a pair of BL5´s (speaker F and A) at each side of the projector screen using two BL9´s as surround speakers - making one BL5 and one BL9 left and right front when watching TV, which is fine (they are by definition speaker A and B). Is there a way of turning on only the BL5´s (ie speaker F and A) when listening to my BS5, now the speaker A and B turn on in SPEAKER 2 mode by default (a BL5 and a BL9)?

Is the advanced sound algorithm the only solution? I have thought about swithing the cables for the screens, but then the projector screen will lower and the projector turn on when I want to watch TV (flipping Cinema and TV mode).

Roger

• 09-25-2011 12:27 AM In reply to

Re: Speaker setup with projector

Perhaps for the rest of us (and history) you can kindly translate your and Peter Pan's discussion to this question ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-25-2011 2:16 AM In reply to

Yes , you have tu use AST.

You can build a special button for beo 5.6 "music on" that takes you to the menu first and activate AST and N-music , and one "music of" that Disable AST.

• 09-25-2011 2:58 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Thanks, Claudiu - I never thought of the option of turning AST on and off via the Beo5. I guess this will rule out the S/PDIF signal as all speaker will be active while using AST.

Elephant: I asked the same question on the Nordic forum and Peter Pan kindly provided the section from the manual describing how to use the speaker setup (see picture insert in original post on this thread).

I will get in touch with B&O as I would assume that most people would like to use their "big" speakers with the "big" picture, and provide a "Use Music Setting (3)" as well in their next S/W update of the BS3.

Thanks,

Roger

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)