in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2011 8:42 AM by Chrisreunion. 52 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2011 7:05 PM In reply to

Re: Now the Form 2's have had a splash of colour!!!

burantek:

Wow.

These are awful.

They look like a color study exercise from a design school's top failing freshman.

+1.

Plastic B&O on the way... Sub brand incoming. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-24-2011 1:53 AM In reply to

I hope they don't ruin the brand with flashy colours and big logo's... Sad

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-24-2011 2:24 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

w5bno123:
    I am using the iphone app at home which i believe does not enable pic uploads. Check out my Facebook page where I have posted all of the colours which is Bang & Olufsen of Ealing.

Great FB page.  It is good to see that you're progressive with your marketing.  I did a web search on B&O melbourne facebook and nothing :-(

Good to see some good colours on the BS8.  I think i'm in for orange.  

And it is good to see B&O be proud of their logo and display it, it's also the reasoning behind many car logos where the badges have increased in size "why shouldn't we be proud of who we are"

• 09-24-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

Hey Michael,

Yep, go for it with the orange grilles.  Hope you are having lots of fun with your BS8. Did you decide to wall mount it?

It's nice to see the old style B&O logo making an appearance on the headphones. Im sure they'll be a good seller at the Apple stores. Have you seen how crazy busy those stores are every second of the day!!! It's like walking into a bar or night club!!!

• 09-25-2011 1:51 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hey Paul,

I haven't wall mounted it just yet.  I moved it from the dining room on to the kitchen bench.

The grills copped a splatter of cake mix, so good to see that you can take them off and wash them with soap.

If I wall mount it, I will have to get a powerpoint installed on the wall behind it.  But i have the perfect spot for it!  My dining room is dark blue and just the right compliemtn to my white BS8 with orange covers.  Will send a pic through when i get them if you're interested. 

I agree that Apple Stores are crazy busy, but then they make sure the front of the store is full so it always looks fuller (restaurant tactics).  But in all seriousness, it will be good for B&O to be exposed to a very different audience that doesn't even know what B&O is.  Speaking of which i hope they get their marketing right with the Form 2's.  I remember from when they launched the BS8 they used an ad with candles and a setting which wasn't young at all. Maybe i should do their marketing!

Cheers

Michael. 

• 09-25-2011 2:10 AM In reply to

Two thoughts ... or comments actually

I picked up the new B&O brand positioning brochure from the new Melbourne store yesterday

Quite a different (but subtle) set of messaging ... Tue's influence on the Marketing Department ?

I hope so !

And my second comment ...

Michael:
    The grills copped a splatter of cake mix

All those statements about the BS8 being like Madonna are wrong !

Clearly the BS8 is a Nigella Lawson look-a-like Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-25-2011 5:14 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

I think it looks terrible. All the virtues of the Form 2 design disappears in these colours. I definitely don't mind bright colours, but this was not good.

The worst thing is definitely the logo though - I hate it. It looks really, really cheap. For me, the _design_ of the product is the logo and the brand, the design should speak for itself with no need for logos an such. It shouldn't be needed to put a gigantic logo on it! I'll never wear something like that, and I really don't like what it is doing to the brand. It absolutely makes me lose interest in the brand.

Ok, this will hopefully generate some cash which b&o needs, but what is the long-term effect? If I'm just a snobby idiot and a minority (let's hope I am!), then b&o will be very successful, but if many of their usual customers react that way b&o may have a problem. ...but of course, if they will earn more money by selling this (and quit selling hi-end lifstyleproducts), it is the right move by b&o. New times with new, different customers, I guess.

• 09-25-2011 6:41 AM In reply to

When you look at the success of the coloured A8's that were introduced a few years ago it proves that young and old both like them and if not then we have a conservative option still. B&O are not taking anything away, just adding. People still drive Mercedes Benz even with the bigger oversized logo on the grille.
  • 09-25-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Is there any way to see the photos outside of Facebook?

I have no Facebook Account and I will never ever sign in to that "thing" ;) 

• 09-25-2011 8:54 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

TWG:

Is there any way to see the photos outside of Facebook?

I have no Facebook Account and I will never ever sign in to that "thing" ;) 

Even with a Facebook acct I cant seem to find it. Would be nice tp get those pics into the thread.

Evan

• 09-25-2011 9:09 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

HERE they are! And you can see the pictures without a facebook account (if it tells you to log in, just press cancel!).

• 09-25-2011 9:23 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

It's not the colours that I don't like (quite the opposite!). What I don't like is that it looks cheap in those pictures, cheaper than the various form 2-inspired phones I've seen recently. Make the logo half the size (and place it in a corner), print it in a darker colour (for example dark red on the bright red phones). I think it wold look classier that way. If it would be possible to anodise the metallic parts in a colour close to the rest of the phone, that would be nice, but I guess that's impossible. ...but, remember that I haven't seen them IRL, all this is based upon the images posted here.
  • 09-25-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

I have similar thoughts as Eric. The big logo does not suit the Form 2 headphones at all. They make B&O touch and feel cheap and design awkward especially with the bright colors.

But maybe it is a matter of taste and de gustibus non est disputandum.

Wasti

• 09-25-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

They are mentioned in the Sunday Times 'Style' magazine for men today!!!    I buy around 5-6 'smart' magazines a month and i've NEVEr seen an advert for the BeoSound 8   very very strange   how are people supposed to know about a product if it isn't advertised occasionally?

• 09-26-2011 4:52 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

elephant:

I picked up the new B&O brand positioning brochure from the new Melbourne store yesterday

hi :-)

which store is the new one?

- michael

• 09-26-2011 6:23 AM In reply to

Michael:
    which store is the new one?

That would be this one :-)

Bang & Olufsen is excited to announce the opening of our brand new Richmond showroom. In this stunning new setting you can experience our range like never before, from small gift items to the awe-inspiring new 3D BeoVision 4-85 television. 

ADDRESS
    579 Church Street, Richmond VIC

T: 03 9576 2355

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-26-2011 8:05 PM In reply to

In the early 90's, Porsche almost disappeared. In order to survive, and to build magnificent 911s, the built the Boxster and the Cayenne.

I think B&O needs to do a similair thing, and I don't mind if the build some awful cheap bling-bling, as long as they keep making speakers like the Beolab 5.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 09-26-2011 10:15 PM In reply to

The fact that the logo doesn't light up is a missed oppurtunity. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-27-2011 4:25 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

The fact that the logo doesn't light up is a missed oppurtunity. 

....and it should flash in time with the beats!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 09-27-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Oh Dear!Ick!

Maybe they can do a shoulder strap and battery pack for the BS8 in the same colours!Huh?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-28-2011 11:48 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

All this talk of Form-2s has prompted me wear mine to campus today. I can't even begin to imagine how many more people would be staring at me if they were orange!! Laughing

Evan

• 09-28-2011 12:20 PM In reply to

Evan:

All this talk of Form-2s has prompted me wear mine to campus today. I can't even begin to imagine how many more people would be staring at me if they were orange!! Laughing

They might stare but will be amazed when you tell them the Form 2 is a piece of history.  Form 2 was introduced before you were born Cake

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-28-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

I think there is an amount of missing the point here - deliberate or otherwise.

I am sure many here would never wear a D&G  T shirt, with the logo 2 feet across your chest, or a  belt buckle in a designer logo - or a huge baseball cap with a logo all across the peak....

BUT ...people do,  and they pay more for these T shirts, hats and so on than Form 2 sells for.

So - if a new, younger, more brand-aware customer can be attracted by bright colours and a designer logo, great.

When they walk round town with a big  B&O visibe on each ear - great.  Free advertising.

To illustrate the point that a single brand can have "mass appeal" and be aspirational to many, and still be able to make and maintain a high end, top quality range....does the fact armani make casual clothes and accessories with large, obvious logo's and available on the high street, detract from the high end, well tailored, bespoke business suits costing four figures??

• 09-29-2011 12:34 AM In reply to

Also, the Asian market love branding. The bigger the better!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-01-2011 3:26 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

You know what, and contrary to my previous posts i bought i white pair yesterday. Rather cheaply using my children as an excuse i nipped into the Newcastle branch to get my monthly fix. And now as i try and watch the Rugby, my little boy is sat next to me listening to Village People! and absolutley loving them.

Rebranding etc is a marketing gimmick, but lets face it my little boys will hopefully spend the next 70 odd years also following the brand and doing their bit to secure the companies future. Further to that and after spending the evening listeng to them on an Ipad, i really like them(again) 

Do yourself and your dealer by supporting them by getting a pair. I told the wife they were the right thing to get as they match her Imac, and she agrees! Cheap, but and for a change, honestWhistle Couldn't make the image smaller for the life of me.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >