in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2011 2:24 PM by Medogsfat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2011 1:25 PM

broken beocenter 4600

hello everyone

I recently bought a beocenter 4600 second hand for what seemed like a goo price, however the arm has snapped off and there is no needle included.

can someone tell me:

where to get a new needle

how easy is it to fix the arm

here are some photos to illustrate the problem:

thank you.

• 09-29-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: broken beocenter 4600

Hi 

Look at the 4th image here

http://www.eugeniocolazzo.it/mastrovintage/hifi/BO/Beocenter%207002/beo7002restored.htm

You need to buy a donor turntable and exchange the tonearm or rewire the broken one. If you post much detailed photo we can ceck others damages.

The stylus is everywere on ebay :)

bye

Eugenio Colazzo

• 09-30-2011 2:24 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: broken beocenter 4600

I hate being the harbinger of bad news but in all honesty this isn't worth repairing unless you REALLY want it badly :- these tonearms are a real pain to do for even the most patient & capable persons. The work involved really isn't worth the effort, they aren't at all like other turntables where tonearms are interchangable - these are dedicated & as such are very intricate. There are much better & highly prized Beocenters which would be worth repairing :- BC7007/7700 are probably the 2 most highly prized ones & possibly worth this sort of effort.

Having said that you get a real sense of achievement when you pull these sorts of repairs off but this feeling soon passes when you find you have bit of kit which wasn't worth that effort... As such if you paid anything at all for it you have had a poor deal & simply saved the seller a trip to the local tip.

Sorry Sad

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)