in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2011 2:09 PM by Medogsfat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2011 4:19 AM

Had a bit of a disaster.

A couple of days ago we had a bit of a disaster at home. The dishwasher decided to burst into flames whilst it was on which meant I had to perform a very speedy removal of said dishwasher from the kitchen and launch it out of the door into the garden. This tripped out the power on one of the circuits but it reset ok. Now the real problem is that since this happened my trusty BV3 will no longer come out of standby and worse still my CDX is totally dead. The CDX was plugged in but not turned on when this happened. Both of these bits of equipment are in my bedroom along with the BL5000 system which has survived unscathed.

What I want to know is has anyone ever had the internal fuse on a CDX go. How hard is it to open up and see if its blown. Is this a possibilty? I think I will give up on the BV3 but my CDX is totally mint and to my ears the best CD player I have heard. I dont want to loose it.

Everything else in the house was fine (except the dishwasher!) but Im not happy about the CD player.

• 09-22-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: Had a bit of a disaster.

Sorry to hear.

But most likely it's the internal fuses. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-22-2011 2:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Had a bit of a disaster.

CDX is very easy to open. Tip it upside down & remove half a dozen or so torx screws, the base wil then lift off away from the aluminium trim (this trim is sandwiched in between the top & bottom parts of the casing).

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)