in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2011 3:49 PM by erandlux. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2011 12:12 PM

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

beosound 5 encore library organizations - help

Hi Guys,

I just receive my besound 5 encore, and here is the first "software"issue". 

I organised my NAS  this way : Artist/album/tracks. and for each album a nice jpeg artwork.

The issue is when navigating with BS5 encore, via the Album selection, I have as much album as tracks (for an album with 10 tracks, it dispays 10 albums)

With thousands of tracks, I let you imagine the impossibility of a nice navigation.

In addition, some artwork are displayed, some not, why ? this is another question.

Any ideas from the happy BS5 encore owners ?

Thanks

Eric

• 09-19-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: beosound 5 encore library organizations - help

Hi, as far as I know, the Encore needs your artwork to be embedded in the audio file, not in a separate file called "folder" like the previous B&O products.It may explain part of your issues..Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-19-2011 12:29 PM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

My dealer told me it was equal, in the same folder of the tracks or embeded, I ill try and let you know.

• 09-19-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

I think it's a problem with your id-tags; those have to be correct; I don't know from which system you're coming - on my Mac within iTunes everything was correct - within BM5/BS5 some tracks haven't been shown correctly since I checked the id-tags!

Regards Elmar 

• 09-19-2011 3:11 PM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

I come from a mac, and i checked for one album, the tags are correct, giving me the album, song title, singer, and image, but the BS5 encore gives me as much entries as there are tracks on the album.

For soma albums, I have no id-tags, just flac files in a folder with album name, and it works (only artworks,)

After some testing, here is the problem , but no solution.

If an album is a compilation of multiple artists, and if tags are correct, the BS5 encore gives me as many albums that there are tracks.

If an album is from the same artist or if I delete artist name from tags, it works, the album is dispayed only once, ut I loose artist info

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Eric

• 09-19-2011 10:26 PM In reply to

Interesting. I'll see if I can get some info on this for everyone's benefit. 

Our experience so far from setting up our store unit and the ones we've installed so far, is that iTunes libraries show up perfectly (or as perfect as the grooming has been in iTunes itself). If artwork is embedded, it shows up. We haven't had cause to try it any other way, since it's easier just to update iTunes and do it that way. 

From looking at my own iTunes collection in storage, it appears that I have the same file structure as you, so I'm not sure why your albums are being exploded. 

Like I said, I'll ask and post what I find. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-20-2011 3:07 AM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for searching, but I have to say lots of my FLAC files were not stored or taged via itunes.

Those are lossless rip of my CDs or internet downloaded

I did not import my itune music yet, hope it will be without problems

Another problem is the MOTS, its is activated but it says "on hold" even after one night of standby.

I will check this evening.

For all the rest, it is a great gadget, sounds really better than my combination Lacie-TV-DAC PROJECT.

Eric
  • 09-20-2011 4:59 AM In reply to

I use TriTag (Mac) to check EVERY id-Tag before copying the files from my Mac to the BM5; and I only use mp3; as I wrote before: within iTunes everything fine - within B&O problems; I searched through many threads and everyone says that iTunes writes the id-Tags - must be true but not for every single file/mp3

I have to admit that even within iTunes I sometimes have this mentioned problem - especially when there are more than one interpret on an album (eg Pavarotti, Lady Gaga, David Guetta); iTunes offeres also some hidden options to sort your music but sometimes I had no clou how to fix the problem;

often changing the id-tags of a whole album (many files at once) iTunes just misses some files - I had to repeat to get it work

of course there could be other issues as well!

regards Elmar

• 09-20-2011 5:07 AM In reply to

Since you have a Mac and some issues with the Beosound 5 Encore and organizing & covers, you might look at this thread:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/40671/339195.aspx#339195

Where I have summarized a workflow theat actually works ( at least for me :-) ) and almost everything is the way I want it to be.

Have fun with your system !

Stephan

• 09-20-2011 5:45 AM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Hi Stephan,

Be sure I read your usefull post before writing mine, but since My FLAC files are not comming from itunes, ans since my NAS (lacie networkspace) does not use twonky, but just a flag " media server active". I could not test it totally.

I will try to reformat the drive, put the music again without media serveur activated.

On the other hand I don't have your problem with artists name beginning with "the", everything is Correctly dispayed for my Beatles discography.

Thanks

Eric
  • 09-20-2011 12:54 PM In reply to

Hi Eric,

the problem with the naming comes from the twonky server so its not unusual that you don't have the issue if the LaCie Network Space doesn't use twonky :-)

I had the LaCie NAS as well but I've sended it back as it was horrible to configure I use a WD Live NAS now and besides the naming issue I am very happy.

I am not sure that it will work if you deactivate the media server feature but give it a try...

Keep publishing your progress...

Best regards

Stephan

• 09-21-2011 3:14 AM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

After a long evening, i will definitely get rid of "my good- looking" Lacie Networkspace.

For those intereseted, lacie seems to runs a twonky server in background that you can access via this way (not tested),

http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/NetworkSpace:_MultimediaServers

I will go for the same as Stephan, a western digital live, and see what happens. I hope I will be able to change BS5 encore myself, because I tried yesterday to add a new music source ( my mac running twonky) in the role menu without success. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Regards

Eric

• 09-22-2011 11:46 AM In reply to

I also gave the LaCie a go because of the optics but the configuration was really confusing and slow...

Go for the WD, you will be impressed how easy the setup is and its good looking as well.

I've learned one thing regarding the WD NAS: If you always want the latest Twonky server version installed on your NAS, go for something different.

The WD guys do all the testing of the Twonky software before they release it to their products as an update so you dont get the latest version if Twonky releases it.

There are ways to install the latest versions by yourself but they are not supported by WD.

Not a big drawback for me but I want to mention it....

If you got it, let me know via this post, I gladly help you..

Btw. where do you live? If youre from Germany you can also give me a call :-)

Stephan

• 09-22-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Here is the very last status of my installation.

I bought a WD live of 3TB, very easy and convenient to install., The Twonky matters is not a big deal form me since I do not stream video, just music. The access to what twonky sees is convenient to identify immediately the unknow album or tracks.

For my multiple album problem, It is a known issue at BO developpement, and they will provide a solution by end of this year in a next software update.  It seems to be a problem with FLAC files only.

Concerning the MOTS, the algoritm  is designed for MP3 files but since FLAC files are lot bigger, it takes a lot more time (days) to analyse each track and to build his database. I just hope it will work correctly after all his calculation

Fo all the rest, this is a real great machine, sounding good and with a little practice, the wheel navigation is confortable.  The only negative point is that you spend hours to format our music files (tags, cover,....) It is definitively not a plug and play product.

PS : I am from Luxembourg, 25 Km from the German Border :-)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)