in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2007 12:02 PM by joeyboygolf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2007 9:42 AM

Re: Beocenter 9000

Hi,

How do i connect a Beocenter 9000 to a Beolab Penta 2, to show the display as we know that the 9000 does not have powerlink for 8-pin cables?

My Beocenter 9000 CD door suddenly only open slightly, obviously showing a door jammed, is this problem easily fixed?

Cheers!

• 07-08-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

You need speaker link connections/leads which plug into the 4 pin holes on speakers 1 I believe. Penta II's have both powerlink & speakerlink inputs.

Graham (joeyboygolf) will be able to give you advice with the CD compartment as he has a lot of experience with these units.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-08-2007 12:02 PM In reply to

The doors on these machines usually fail due to a combination of factors which are due to ageing.

1. The primary rubber drive belts harden and stretch and should be replaced. Easy job to do once you know how to lift the lid.

2. There is normally a dust and sticky household grease build up in the sliding tracks at the top and bottom of the doors. Should be cleaned out for their full length with a cotton bud damped in iso propyl alcohol. Again an easy job, requires removal of the glass panels and the centre aluminium panel.

3. The drive strings become worn and fluffy and snag as they run around the spindles. Not an easy job and should be avoided where possible!

Instructions on how to dismantle the unit are in the service manual which is identical to the Beocentre 9500 manual on this site.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)