in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2011 1:56 PM by Praetorianer. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2011 12:36 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: Bang and Olufsen concept mobile phone(and it's not made by Apple)

BUILD. THE. DOCK.

The phone is very nice, but the massive problem in the US with phones dedicated to networks and attempting to get your phone on a network with a contract.......is a nightmare. Also, the phone technology quickly becomes outdated.

On the other hand, the dock looks really great and would look stunning with an iPhone, or if expanded, the iPad2. If you could give the dock some multilink ability it would really be a winner.

Right now I use the Airport Express to connect to the BS9000 or the AppleTV2 to connect to the Avant, but I sure wouldn't mind having a B&O way to connect directly to the system. (and before anyone gets all testy, yes....I do connect the ATV2 to the Avant)

• 09-20-2011 12:59 AM In reply to

The dock is  cool, I like it Yes -  thumbs up

The phone makes me think of B&O's acronym, 'MOTS'... There's really nothing standout

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 09-20-2011 2:29 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Karla:

BUILD. THE. DOCK.

Actually, that's a very good point. The dock is the best part of this phone and the dock could be created for the iPhone and other phones, without having to move back in to the mobile phone market again.

Maybe that's the plan and would certainly enable B&O to push ahead with this new category which would be sold in Apple Stores. A superb Beocom 5-esque dock for your iPhone would be very useful indeed. I'd buy it!

Let's be honest here, one of the primary reasons for buying the Beocom 5 was both the speaker and the style. I don't really need a landline. Most people I know use Skype to dial out and a lot of people now use their mobile for incoming calls. If this dock was in my office, I could simply connect the iPhone and it would both charge it and enable me to use it as a speakerphone.

• 11-17-2011 3:31 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

A few more links now detailing the guts of the phone(Samsung Galaxy S2)

http://microfashionview.blogspot.com/

http://www.tuvie.com/bophone-m-concept-combines-the-power-of-samsung-with-bang-olufsen-audio-speakers/

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-18-2011 2:00 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

When it's the inside of the Samsung Galaxy S2 it will be probably a realy great smartphone!

On the S2 there are only 2 things missing: A dedicated camera button (like on the Xperia ARC and ARC S) and a notification LED.

Any news on when the B&O phone will be released? I hope it is matte black finish and not glossy.

• 11-18-2011 7:49 AM In reply to

Boring design ...

I'd expect something more radical from B&O BUT with a LOT more usability compared to the Serene / Serenata fails...

This looks like any other XXX (insert OS name here) phone ...

I want a Beocom 2 in small!

• 11-19-2011 4:27 AM In reply to

Right at the bottom of the article it says:

Tuvie has received this “BoPhone M Concept” from our ‘Submit A Design‘ feature, where we welcome our readers to submit their design/concept for publication.

I guess that means that neither B&O or Samsung have any input into this. The pictures are just renderings of a design company's ideas.

All these concepts come from my mind and all  is unfortunatly virtual ...

Tim

• 11-19-2011 6:59 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Shame

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-19-2011 7:26 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

SO LAME!!!

I guess I'm not too upset. I just received a new iPhone4 a few hours ago and am a little distracted by it!

At the same time, I am glad there are others out there interested in pursuing things like this.

Evan

• 12-28-2011 1:56 PM In reply to

Hello,

have somebody new information - this phone would be so great.....

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2