in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 6:11 PM by Steffen. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2011 3:34 PM

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

beo vision 3-32 defect or? No, just need remote and pin to turn it on

hey, i got this defect tv for free, they told me sound module is defect, and cost 5-6000 dkr to repair. i did not get remote control, and i don't know if i can turn it on witout remote control?

http://mynerdstuff.blogspot.com/2011/09/beo-vision-3-32.html

thanks

• 09-14-2011 5:38 PM In reply to

Re: beo vision 3-32 defect or?

I don't know where you live -but I guess that you can buy a fully functional BV 3 cheaper than spending that amount of money on a repair.

Here in Denmark these Beovision 3's are sold as cheap as 1000-1500 DKKr (200-300$).

• 09-15-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

I live in denmark, i got this free because the repair priese, but still, there is light in the standby led, it can be turned on with remote (i don't have any) and hope i can turn it on witout remote until i know i i can repair the sound module.

Do you know if there are any way to turn on power witout remote control?

thanks ;)

• 09-15-2011 5:14 AM In reply to

mipe:
    Do you know if there are any way to turn on power witout remote control?

As far as I know, no, there isn't... most modern age Beovisions are useless without a remote.

More importantly, without a remote you can't enter the PIN code (hope you got one!) and the TV wouldn't work anyway.

-mika

• 09-15-2011 5:53 AM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

okay, thanks, no i dit not get any pin, but just send them a mail and hope they remember this pin. 

This code must be stored inside a eeprom, so might be possible to 'snif' out data with a arduino he he  ;)

But hope they will search for the PIN code, but i got it for free so i don't know if they will spend time on this

• 09-15-2011 6:01 AM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Found this link http://www.avforums.com/forums/tvs/905879-b-o-beovision-3-i-need-reset-code.html

So if they don't mail pin, i will try to contact the local b&o dealer, and hope they have had this teli from new

• 09-16-2011 2:17 PM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

I got the PIN ;)

Also got the name of shop where they bought it from new in 2006!!!

Very expensive television, 30000/5 = 6000 Danish kr each year. Or am i wrong? did they sell some ceaper versions?

• 09-16-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I wouldn't get too excited about the price when new - here in the UK you cannot give these TV's away.

Unless you REALLY want it then spending any amount of time or money on it will be a pretty worthless excercise. This sounds a little negative but is only a true reflection of the current trend for flat panel TV's. I had an Avant which shares the same basic chassis of the BV3 & I absolutely loved it but when it eventually decide to stop starting up I simply threw it a way as it wasn't worth me spending any money on it. The BIG problem with these TV's is that the tube will soon fail & that is a very expensive problem to put right.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-18-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

'here in the UK you cannot give these TV's away'  Why can't you give them away, are there some kind of protection?

Well i agree not spend lot of time (and zero money) on this teli. I am aware of the problem with avant tube, but hoped they fixed that in these new'er beo vision 3. Well today i use samsung hd lcd tv, but back in 1992 i got a b&o lx2802n, great television, great sound, simply the best picture on the marked. So if i can get this beo vision 3 up runing it would be great and always better pictures on tubes, i think, or maybee the best to do is to find someone that needs a tube ;)

• 09-18-2011 3:12 PM In reply to

mipe:

'here in the UK you cannot give these TV's away'  Why can't you give them away, are there some kind of protection?

I guess what he means is, that nobody wants them anymore...Wink

mipe:
    always better pictures on tubes

I also used to think so - and it was true earlier. But I would say that a plasma gives you a picture wery much like a CRT(tube). Just better, because of the higher resolution. In my opinion the LCD (or LED) are not good enough yet -or maybe they'll never be...The picture is not as "natural" as a plasma (or CRT).
    When i sold my BV3 and bought a flatscreen, there was no doubt in my mind: Plasma.

• 09-24-2011 2:09 PM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

okay, yes must be the reason that no one wants them anymore, and me either ;)

But, free teli, better Quality picture than my samsung lcd, but must be 100% free ;)

I would never buy a usen BV3. In denmark they cost 1500-3000 Dkr or $300-$600

I like panasonic plasma screen (and lcd), and i agree, plasma is the best Q now. Only thing i don't like with plasma is price and they also 'burn out', or the first plasma's teli did. Is this still a isue with new plasme tehnology?

• 09-25-2011 4:25 PM In reply to

• mipe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

well, my father came with his beo4 remote, i connected dvd trough scart, and every thing works, there is nothing wrong with the tv, and i do think the picture looks great, but not as sharp as panasonic plasma ;) 

The sound quality is better that i espected, so think i will got get a beo4 remote control

• 09-25-2011 4:31 PM In reply to

Congratulations Smile 

Indeed, buy a second hand Beo4 - even if the TV eventually fails, you won't be losing any money if you then sell the remote.

-mika

• 09-26-2011 6:11 PM In reply to

mipe:
    Only thing i don't like with plasma is price and they also 'burn out', or the first plasma's teli did. Is this still a isue with new plasme tehnology?

The price..? The new plasma's are not very expensive (except B&O's) Whistle You can actually get a 42" plasma in Denmark for around 4000,-DKKr. OK -it's not as cheap as the cheapest LCD's (the cheapest LCD's have a terribly bad picture anyway - don't buy it Ick! ).

I don't know about the 'burn out' on the new models -but I am not planning on keeping mine for 10 years or so. If the colors are fading in about 5 years -then there will probably be a new cheaper and better model.

I'm glad to hear that your Beovision3 works ok. It's one of the best sounding TV's ever.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)