in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2011 10:24 AM by BOSammy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2011 12:54 PM

Beocenter 2000 Tape & Aux, low volume (solved)

Hi,

I stumbled upon a Beocenter 2000. Otherwise it works fine but I can't seem to get proper sound from the tape deck or CD via the aux input on the front. If you turn the volume to 10 you can just barely hear the music playing. Tried using both speakers and headphones. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks for the help.

• 09-13-2011 6:45 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 2000 Tape & Aux, low volume

Welcome to Beoworld !
    Sounds like you are trying to playback through record leads.
    Are you sure, your cable is configured correctly ?

Martin

• 09-13-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

I double-checked the leads and they are correct. I also did some experimenting: If I power on with the tape deck playing, there's a brief moment when the sound is good and then it fades away. I'm not familiar with these systems but it sounds like it could be a capacitor issue?

• 10-01-2011 10:24 AM In reply to

I opened the system and traced the problem to the tape deck. The inputs run through the tape heads and would only operate if the tape was running. Found two problems with the deck:

1. The main belt was far gone. I changed the belt but it still didn't work.

2. The multi-switch operated with the tape buttons was faulty and didn't switch the input to aux. No cleaning would redeem it so I bypassed it and mounted an extra switch to the front where the mic input was.

Works like a champ now and a round black button doesn't stand out too much. As an added bonus the tape doesn't have to be running when using the aux input.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)