in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-14-2011 9:07 AM by quader. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2011 5:09 AM

• sia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-06-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 11 experience

Hi all,

I have listened to a Beolab 11 at my local dealer where he gave me a demo with a pair of Beolab l4's. In that setup, I could here a big difference but to be honest it was a rather nosiy day with lots of people around. I have also tried to find reviews on internet but the ones available are not proper reviews with different sound tests, etc. Have anyone of you purchased a BL11 and have a longer first hand experience. I would love to hear your opinion about it both when it comes to listening to music as well as in a surround setup, watching movies. Do you thik they would add much to the sound of Beolab 3's?

thanks

Sia 

• 09-12-2011 6:12 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolab 11 experience

sia:

Do you thik they would add much to the sound of Beolab 3's?

I've heard mixed opinions about this (BL3 + BL11 combo). Some say it will, some say very little (ie. very subtle). My guess is the latter, but I'm going to borrow a BL11 from my dealer for a day or two to test for myself.

• 09-12-2011 7:11 AM In reply to

I've combined the BL11 with BL8000's.. Let me just say that my neighbors experience a difference in sound.

Anyway... The BL11 add a very subtle amount of low to your music & movies... After some time you know the difference if it's not there... Then you notice that something is missing..

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-12-2011 10:06 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

moxxey:

sia:

Do you thik they would add much to the sound of Beolab 3's?

I've heard mixed opinions about this (BL3 + BL11 combo). Some say it will, some say very little (ie. very subtle). My guess is the latter, but I'm going to borrow a BL11 from my dealer for a day or two to test for myself.

I have BL3+BL11 combo and I'm really happy of the sound quality. With songs that actually have low bass the difference is huge with and without the BL11 (try Trentemoller - Rykketid and you know what I mean). What I really love about the BL11 is the perfect integration to BL3 - that might give the impression of only subtle addition and that is the way it should be. Getting a home demo is great idea.

Pros:

+Great looks

+Great sound quality in upper bass notes

+Enough power for BL3's

Cons:

-Made the "need" for BeoLab 9's alot smaller ;)

• 09-12-2011 8:48 PM In reply to

Beolab 11 experience

I have the combination BL3s + BL11 for about 3 months.  The day I installed the BL11 (after some 3 years with the BL3S by themselves) my first reaction was of disappointment.  I notice some difference but not much.

The fact, however, is that the more I listened to it the more I notice the huge subtle difference (if you know what I mean).  it is subtle because the furniture doesn't start to rumble around the room and huge because it really complements the music and makes the sound much rounder and full.

I am very happy with the combination.  You should have it tested at your home but bear in mind that the longer you listen the more you will like it.

• 09-14-2011 8:39 AM In reply to

i have the BeoLab 11 together with the BeoLab 6002. it really opens up the column speakers into something else , a sound world i would expect from a larger set up.movies and tv are also much more enjoyable.and you do notice it more when  the BeoLab 11 is turned off !!i have owned the BeoLab 2, but i find the design of the 11 much easier to accommodate in a living room set up.

• 09-14-2011 9:07 AM In reply to

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

Just wondering what speaker mode people are using the Beolab 11

i have BL4000 and 8000 in my setup

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)