in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2011 3:40 PM by richu. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2011 8:32 AM

Strange command delay

Hello,

my BV 7 sometimes has a strange issue. 

The set-up:

BV 7 MK III

Technisat HD S2 connected with HDMI, scart and IR-eye

while viewing a Sat TV-Programm, sometimes a have a very long delay when pressing No. buttons on Beo4 or Beo5. Same with the programm channel symbols on the Beo5. I am talking about a delay of 20-30 seconds. This happened from the very beginning an I suspect it has something to do with the IR link-eye. I tried to make out a pattern, but cant't find one. Most of the time it works OK though.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a fix?

Thanks

Mafanni

• 09-09-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Re: Strange command delay

Hi there I notice this every now and then then numbers stop then a few mins later all of the commands are input is if they were buffered while the tv was busy. Bv7mk4

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-15-2011 5:31 AM In reply to

Hi,

has really none else come across this ever before?

-mafanni

• 09-16-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

• richu
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-02-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

This might be, because you have connected the setop box using HDMI AND SCART.

Why do you have SCART? Remove the SCART and the delay is gone. (it is, because the BV7 wants to talk to the setop box via SCART).

If you have SCART because of the AUDIO channels for Masterlink, then you can either:

- upgrade the BV7 SW to the latest version and there is no need to have SCART anymore

- connect using a simple SCART with only the AUDIO wires (see wikipedia for wiring)

- use another AV/SCART, I think you are using AV1, use AV2 (this might help)

- use a SCART connector only with AUDIO cinch connectors and connect only AUDIO cinch cables to the setop box

- use AV5 with the cinch cables

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)