in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2011 2:38 PM by BourbonBob. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2011 5:06 PM

Pitch belt on model 5712 dried up

Hello,

I see the turntable belts are available for the 1600/1602 models, but there is a smaller, toothed belt that was broken and hanging from the 'multi-switch' area. I believe that it was connected to the toothed wheel of the pitch control. Anyone know about it and more importantly, where I can get a new one? Thanks in advance.

BourbonBob

• 09-08-2011 12:40 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Pitch belt on model 5712 dried up

Welcome to Beoworld !

New parts are no longer available but I'll be happy to see if I
    can dig out a good used original part if you like.

Martin

• 09-08-2011 2:38 PM In reply to

Re: Pitch belt on model 5712 dried up

Thanks but there's no hurry on this. I looked at the belt remains and realized that it was the indicator of the pitch wheel. This actually came off of a 'donor' table that I ebayed for the dust cover. I'm expecting a counter weight soon and was attempting to restore the donor table.

Unfortunately, I've been occupied with the dust cover. I'm not getting the kind of success out of polishing that others have gotten on this site. At one point, I used one of those 'headlight restore' products that produced a clear, but streaky, finish. I resorted to sandpaper...gradually from 320 to 3000 grit, and then the polishes, like Quixx and Plastx. I still have a cloudy, swirly finish.

BTW, Martin, that's a nice picture of the back of that switch. That grey plastic rod on my donor table slipped off somehow and it makes the '33' and '45' inoperable (no click sound). The table turns, but the upper right and left corner switches no longer exist. Thi picture may help! Thanks.

If I get to a point where this is operational, I'll just use a strobe to adjust the pitch.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)