in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2011 3:54 AM by Angel22. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2011 4:21 PM

Could these marks be condensation?

I have got a BV7-40.   What I am about to describe has happened a couple of times in the past week.  It has never happened before.

After the TV has been on for about 15 mins. some funny type of marks appear on the screen  -  quite large size marks (sort of like funny shapes)  -  sometimes 2 shapes, today only the one.

The funny shapes are still visible once the TV has been turned off.   After about 30 mins. the marks have gone completely.

It is definitely not on the outer surface of the screen  -  tried a duster, but absolutely no change.

I have only had the TV throughout the Summer months, but it is not exactly what you could call very cold even now.

It just looks like condensation.

Are B&O TV's sensitive to temperature change or any dampness in rooms?

Anyone experienced this or heard of anything like it?

• 09-07-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: Could these marks be condensation?

Is it possible to capture a photo of the effect? It could theoretically be condensation. The front glass isn't vacuum sealed on, after all. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-08-2011 2:27 AM In reply to

It sounds like something I had on my Mark 3 - dark patches as such.

Once it had been on for a while they disappeared and I don't have the problem now.

Do you leave the TV plugged in all the time? or do you switch it off at the power when not using it?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 09-08-2011 3:54 AM In reply to

Do you have any ideas as to what the dark patches were?    Did they appear every time you turned the TV on or were they only sometimes visible?   Was there any particular times when you saw the patches, for example damp days or if the weather turned cold  (sounds crazy I know, but something has changed).

These marks, dark patches, whatever you can call them, are still visible for a short while after turning the TV off.   Could you ever see your dark patches after turning off?

Yes we do leave the TV plugged in all the time.  We just press the stand-by button to turn it off and a red light is continuoulsy showing in the bottom right hand corner of the TV.   Otherwise we would have to enter the PIN code each time we plugged the TV in.   Any particular reason for you asking this?   What do you do?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)